Where my pilots at?!

XCOM shows a scene in the PSX version I saw on youtube, its the lost mission scene and it shows the pilot is separate from the XCOM squad. When everyone dies, this scene shows and your pilot tries to leave and it fade out, so Im assume he gets blown up as he starts to go up because you lose everything when all your force dies.

I would like to see the Chinook piloted by two "local military" NPC equivalents. As I understand it none of the vehicles/aircraft will gain any expereince so NPC pilots would conform to that. The local military NPC I have encounted so far seem random/out of place (more so I think then a local law enforcement NPC would, but have not seen those). Having two NPC pilots - armed only with handguns - and coded to stay in close proximity to protect the Chinook would be welcome on a hot LZ.

I prefer to think of them as very shy genetically modified (spliced with kameleon dna) super pilots. They are right there in the pilot seats but very hard to see unless they move. They have trained to sit perfectly still during missions so you will never see them move.

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to see the Chinook piloted by two "local military" NPC equivalents. As I understand it none of the vehicles/aircraft will gain any expereince so NPC pilots would conform to that. The local military NPC I have encounted so far seem random/out of place (more so I think then a local law enforcement NPC would, but have not seen those). Having two NPC pilots - armed only with handguns - and coded to stay in close proximity to protect the Chinook would be welcome on a hot LZ.

I second that! Plus when the combat troops leave the area the NPC pilots can still be seen. No fog of war around the chinook.