[B4X2] bigger pool

Casaubon

logo.png.2bacbe18add1ab2736c1d7fe0756c76f.pngv 0.98 as part of my [B4X2] mod collection

• works in Community Edition (0.35) and in Vanilla too
  • in mod launcher: DEACTIVATE other mods that alter soldier or armour graphics!
  • ~ 50 MB per file download, was unable to upload to Steam Workshop, because of "file too big Error" :mad: although older versions are there and the split into separate smaller files, I gave up on modding Xenonauts after hours of trying to update the file there
  • Important: Download & unpack all 3 files & order in mod launcher needs to be: part 3 above part 2 above part 1

This mod changes:

• Bigger pool makes soldier spawns much less repetitive, and makes the game a more global effort in defending earth
  • gives soldier portraits a Xenonaut 2 look
    • Goldhawk´s Potrait Editor used as well as adapting open source photos in Photoshop - it took weeks
  • more than double as many new nations to recruit from (was 21 is 57, work on name lists shared with Steelgonad)
  • many more soldier portraits (was 167 is 611)
  • 8 ethnicities (was 4 is 8)
  • adds new cities in Asia
  • tweaked basic (& basic female), jackal, wolf, buzzard armour graphics

[B4X2]bigger_pool_I.zip

[B4X2]bigger_pool_II.zip

[B4X2]bigger_pool_III.zip

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, Xenonaut said:

Hi there,

Just came back to this forum and game after a few years, I am just curious as to what this Goldhawk's Portrait Editor thing you were referring to and where can it be downloaded?

Sorry didn´t check back here earlier. The editor download was linked once on the Kickstarter page for Xenonauts 2 long time ago.

• 1 month later...

Are there any requirements to download attachments? I'm getting a #403 error message and I couldn't find the full mod anywhere else.

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php on this server.

Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) Server at www.goldhawkinteractive.com Port 443"

• 1 month later...

i have fixed a few things to make it work better. To fix hair styles problems with helmets (like in the 3rd image) u have to clean a bit portraits using a tool able to keep trasparent background (Paint3d work well) or follow Dark Helmet's way :rolleyes:... backup files before any modify.

armour.png

armourfemale.png

example.png

armourfemale.7z

armour.7z

if u dont want to fix hair u can follow Dark Helmet way .jpg

Edited by Zaramorte
added image

• 6 months later...

the zip download links in the first post above don´t seem to work anymore.

here is a download link from my google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NYdUtX4kNCwkfLBjb-nXnNS6xxzhXvyB?usp=sharing

attaching the files here again also, maybe that helps.

1101739238_B4X2biggerpoolIII.zip 1015755042_B4X2biggerpoolII.zip 75382628_B4X2biggerpoolI.zip

• 7 months later...

What mods "alter armor or soldier graphics"? I have Khall's More Portraits, should I uninstall that? For good measure, I'll just list down all installed mods aside from Khall's:

1. Extended Weapon Descriptions for Fighters

2. [XCE] Xenonauts Fix Pack

3. Khall's Tundra Tileset

4. Lore+

5. NewCars

6. Random Map Packs xxx

7. Restored Community Map Pack

8. Skitso's Alien Base Booster Pack

9. Skitso's Improved Tile Art Pack

10. Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000

11. X:CE Extra Map Packs

Thanks.

Got it! Will deactivate that mod later then. Thank you!

Btw the link for Xenonauts 2’s Portrait Generator/Editor does not work anymore. Mind sharing them too? It’s supposed to be for public use anyway; I don’t think it’d be an issue for the devs. Big thanks!

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the reupload Casaubon!

I like a lot of the new heads and additional flags.

Some heads are very realistic and I don't know if the style works for Xenonauts 1. Anyway, I'll try the mod in my next campaign and change it a bit.