[v 22.2] freeze after killing last alien

squeezechart

After killing the last alien, the mission report doesn't come up - instead loading hangs at 0%.

Terminating Xenonauts-2 leads to blue screen and restart; Steam shows Xenonauts2.exe still as running after klling it and task manager does not pop up.

auto_groundcombat_turn_5_end-80.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-79.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_4_end-78.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-77.json

auto_strategy_before_combat-14.json

output.log

resolve_layers.log

output.log_1.72b498a564d1f96e95ce448bdf71858d

Hi, given that this is the second report in which you mention running into a bluescreen, could you post the information that was presented by it?
Do you experience the hang still if you load the turn_5-end-80 save?

We locally already fixed several end-of-turn hangs, so I suspect this one's fixed in the upcoming hotfix.

I try to load a savegame and if there is no reaction (load percentage stands still) I klick on the loading window until it becomes "white".

Wndows 10 tells me that xenonauts2.exe does not respond and I can either wait or terminate the app.

Then I choose terminate. About 30 sec. later a bluescreen comes. Windows collects data (crash report?) and restarts.

It is not possible to call task manager or to start further apps before the bluescreen comes.

8 minutes ago, squeezechart said:

I try to load a savegame and if there is no reaction (load percentage stands still) I klick on the loading window until it becomes "white".

Wndows 10 tells me that xenonauts2.exe does not respond and I can either wait or terminate the app.

Then I choose terminate. About 30 sec. later a bluescreen comes. Windows collects data (crash report?) and restarts.

It is not possible to call task manager or to start further apps before the bluescreen comes.

Hmm, that's weird. Blue screen errors are usually tied to hardware issues, or a problem on your machine like driver issues etc. Gijs-Jan knows far more about this than I do but I believe it's quite rare for a game to cause a blue screen unless there's an underlying issue.

Only semi-related, but do you have a second monitor or anything in your setup? I usually find the loading screen only becomes non-responsive and white if I click away when playing the game in a window.

Btw, have you tried clicking the wait button and just waiting for the game to load? A lot of the time Windows will ask me whether I should terminate the program but if I wait a couple of minutes the loading will resume and complete normally.

10 hours ago, squeezechart said:

It'll be quite the thing to debug, but could you give me the info on what failed and what stopcode was given the next time it occurs?

image.png.ca77e7887a23c7c58be75b7ec75cb762.png

See the red outlined parts.

this is a recent stop code after updating nvidia drivers to latest version and trying to load a 22.3 save:

==================================================
Dump File         : 102921-8468-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 29.10.2021 14:37:04
Bug Check String  : UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Bug Check Code    : 0x0000007f
Parameter 1       : 00000000`00000008
Parameter 2       : ffffc501`3ef54e50
Parameter 3       : ffff848e`d0a10f70
Parameter 4       : fffff806`74893524
Caused By Driver  : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f71b0
File Description  :