[V22.2 - Ground Combat] CTD During Enemy Turn (Cleaners)

Steelpoint

I'm performing the first 'cleaner' mission of a campaign, when I end my turn (around turn 5) the screen shows the 'enemy movement', as normally, before it abruptly freezes for a few moments, then CTDs. No visible error message is produced when this occurred.

The cleaners made usage of their guns and grenades with no issues in the turns prior. When the crash occurred I did not witness any hostile activity to indicate my soldiers were being attacked, but there were still civilians around.

When I selected to start the mission on the Geoscape, a brief 'red text error' message popped up in the lower-left corner when the mission was loading. This only appeared for less than a second and disappeared when the tactical battle loaded.

I've attached the two output logs since they both seem similar and I'd rather not miss anything, and the save files for before the combat started on the geoscape, the start of my 1st turn on the battlescape, and the latest auto-save before the crash occurred. 

When I reloaded my save a second time, the crash did not occur. 

auto_strategy_before_combat-1.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_5_end-10.json

output.log

output.log_1.aac4d1f036d2582bf08658ebbf093835

user_ms1-2.json

48 minutes ago, Steelpoint said:

I'm performing the first 'cleaner' mission of a campaign, when I end my turn (around turn 5) the screen shows the 'enemy movement', as normally, before it abruptly freezes for a few moments, then CTDs. No visible error message is produced when this occurred.

The cleaners made usage of their guns and grenades with no issues in the turns prior. When the crash occurred I did not witness any hostile activity to indicate my soldiers were being attacked, but there were still civilians around.

When I selected to start the mission on the Geoscape, a brief 'red text error' message popped up in the lower-left corner when the mission was loading. This only appeared for less than a second and disappeared when the tactical battle loaded.

I've attached the two output logs since they both seem similar and I'd rather not miss anything, and the save files for before the combat started on the geoscape, the start of my 1st turn on the battlescape, and the latest auto-save before the crash occurred. 

When I reloaded my save a second time, the crash did not occur. 

auto_strategy_before_combat-1.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_5_end-10.json

output.log

output.log_1.aac4d1f036d2582bf08658ebbf093835

user_ms1-2.json

Thanks. We'll look into this.

Would be good, because atm we all have only tested and fixed everything from the Ground-Base-Elements (Magnetic Weapons, the first 2 Armor-Vests and light Armor-Vests, Alien-Plates f. e.). Sadly not the advanced Base-Elements (like Lasers, better Rockets on Alenium, UFO Components and similar)

That´s what I mean we should test that all first, before we get an new big Hotfix to give the Community an stable V.22.3 or V.22.4-Version. Sadly every Hotfix comes before we can get to that Advanced Base-Elements testet in normal Gameplay. Personaly I don´t wanna give an unfinished Version to the Community as a Stable-Version.

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

Would be good, because atm we all have only tested and fixed everything from the Ground-Base-Elements (Magnetic Weapons, the first 2 Armor-Vests and light Armor-Vests, Alien-Plates f. e.). Sadly not the advanced Base-Elements (like Lasers, better Rockets on Alenium, UFO Components and similar)

That´s what I mean we should test that all first, before we get an new big Hotfix to give the Community an stable V.22.3 or V.22.4-Version. Sadly every Hotfix comes before we can get to that Advanced Base-Elements testet in normal Gameplay. Personaly I don´t wanna give an unfinished Version to the Community as a Stable-Version.

Please can you keep discussion about the build to the relevant threads? It makes it harder to read the bug reports if you are discussing other things in them, and it means that people who don't read the bug reports (i.e. most people) won't see what you are saying.

Bug reports should only have discussion in them about the specific bug being reported.

Of course Chris. I only wanna bring in Mind that the other Parts have to be Bugtestet too, before we make an new Hotfix, because we are only circling at the moment in a very small rotation in this Version. Short said: We get faster the Hotfixes then we can test them.

Edited by Alienkiller

5 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

Of course Chris. I only wanna bring in Mind that the other Parts have to be Bugtestet too, before we make an new Hotfix, because we are only circling at the moment in a very small rotation in this Version. Short said: We get faster the Hotfixes then we can test them.

Yeah, but this isn't the place for it. You can post it in the V22.2 thread if you like.

Even if we release V22.3 then people can continue to play V22.2 on the legacy branch if they want to carry on an existing playthrough and see the later parts of the game.