V21.2 - Dead soldiers return after mission

ghhoeng

In the after action report, there are the soldiers that are reported as "killed in action", and then there are the ones that also went to 0 HP, but are reported as severely wounded - but back at base they are all recovering from wounds? must be a bug?

Like said Ghhoeng, if you have build up a Hospital then the Soldiers have a survival Chance. The End-Result is that your Soldier was near Dead, but the play dice, which is about 35 % or so from the Standard-Hospital, give him / her the Survival Chance. That decicedes the Cubes with the Survival Chance.

If you don´t have the Hospital build up at once from beginning on, then your Soldiers wont survive automatically if the 0 HP-Thing happens.

It´s an other System like in UFO 1 ET, but similar. In UFO ET the Armor (like in Dune with the Water preperation) decides how long an Soldier will live with Critical Wounds in Combat, in Xenonauts 2 the Cubes from the Hospital Chance (35 % or so with the Standard-Hospital) and how good the Soldier get Managed from the Player.

Something similar like in UFO ET is implemented in the Combat-Part in XCOM / XCOM 2 how long an critical Wounded soldier can survive without stabilizing or better.

Edited by Alienkiller

On 10/11/2021 at 8:55 PM, ghhoeng said:

I played a mission, where 6 soldiers were killed, not injured but killed. When I returned to the base, they were all recovering from wounds?!

Thanks. Sorry for the slow reply. You're right - even the dead soldiers are surviving. I'm pretty sure it's because they're awarded a medal, which gives them +1 to all stats and then that brings them up to 1HP from 0HP and they are treated as surviving the battle. We'll get that fixed.