[V21.2] Help Request - Crash at Mission End

Chris

Hi everyone. There's a known crash that's still in V21.2 that was reported by at least a couple of users in V21.1 which we're having some difficulty fixing. The issue causes the game to crash at the end of the ground combat mission and it will occur whether you win or lose.

The reason why this crash is happening is because there is an "orphaned" alien projectile in the map somewhere. Projectiles are usually removed a few seconds after they are fired, but these projectiles are somehow surviving and have also become corrupted (losing all the data they carry about who fired them, etc) and are then written into the save game. The game will always crash on mission completion once this happens.

The save games that were provided in the last hotfix allowed us to figure out what was happening, but although we can see the broken projectiles in the save game we don't yet know how they became broken. We therefore need access to the combat logs that go back right to the start of the mission.

If this bug affects you, please post up the save and logs as normal but also include the older logs from the game too. These are the files called "output.log.1" etc in the same directory (see screenshot). Just stick them in a zip file and include them along with everything else. That should hopefully give us what we need to get this issue fixed.

Thanks!

image.png

On 9/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, skynet159632 said:

As requested, I have a crash after combat from a alien invasion of my base.

V21.2 - Ground Combat

nothing special, but i dont have good save files because i was save scumming to try to get around the crash.

Ill go back and cheat this mission so i can proceed with this playthrough

Base invasion win crash.rar

Thanks! We'll take a look tomorrow and hopefully we'll be able to figure out what's happening based on that data.

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2023 at 9:59 PM, OldJenso said:

This is still happening in 2023, the game is crashing at the end of a base mission. Is there a fix or some word on progress?

Regards

It’s probably a different crash at this point, I’d have thought, although they all look the same to players.

Are you playing on the Experimental branches or the standard Steam ones?