Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V21.2 Hotfix Released! (Experimental Branch)

This hotfix addreses some more issues in Beta Build V21 that weren't fixed in the last hotfix. Again, you'll need to be on the Experimental Branch to access the build.

• Fixed a tactical combat crash that could occur in lots of different circumstances (from throwing a grenade, to moving a MARS, to during the alien turn). It was a problem with the game trying to cache sounds that would then become corrupted, so it could occur at random at any point after a number of sounds had been played - likely this bug caused most of the crashes in the previous version!
  • Fixed a strategy issue where the game could get corrupted, preventing you from doing things like placing buildings. This fix is also likely to solve a lot of different issues.
  • Quickload now works again (just press F9).
  • Unassigned soldiers are now correctly displayed on the Soldier Equip screen if there is no dropship at the base.
  • Vehicle engine noises and fire sounds are now controlled by the Ambient slider rather than the Sound Effects slider.
  • Xenopedia screen title text is no longer misaligned.

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues with V21 as we will continue to make additional fixes as required.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Small feedback

- End turn soldier reminder can be annoying at times when i want everyone to just wait (but is quite useful in general)

- Menu in settings - "save & exit" button is confusing and the first thing that i understand is "save & exit the game" rather than just to close the settings menu 

- Cleaners Plasma weapon obliterated my xenonaut even when the biopsy says that they use conventional weapons

- Log pile still offers 40%block after being apparently destroyed once

• 3 weeks later...

"Save & Close" could be a good wording for the settings menu.

Nitpick, but for the cleaners missions it should probably be "enemy activity" vs "alien activity". If there ends up being mixed missions in the future just keeping it to enemy would be simpler.

On 9/30/2021 at 10:04 AM, Dragosh said:

Small feedback

- End turn soldier reminder can be annoying at times when i want everyone to just wait (but is quite useful in general)

- Menu in settings - "save & exit" button is confusing and the first thing that i understand is "save & exit the game" rather than just to close the settings menu 

- Cleaners Plasma weapon obliterated my xenonaut even when the biopsy says that they use conventional weapons

- Log pile still offers 40%block after being apparently destroyed once

Thanks. I'll rename that button then. BTW, you can just right-click on the End Turn button if you want to skip the end turn check!

On 10/16/2021 at 6:09 PM, erutan said:

"Save & Close" could be a good wording for the settings menu.

Nitpick, but for the cleaners missions it should probably be "enemy activity" vs "alien activity". If there ends up being mixed missions in the future just keeping it to enemy would be simpler.

Thanks. Yeah, I'll update those things for the next build.