[v 21.0] ground combat - normal rifle does a damage of 903

squeezechart

Earlier in my campaign some soldiers died and were alive again when the team arrived at base again, then there are crashes that seem to be related to overwatch and MARS;

in the present mission the normal rifle does a damage of 903 which leads to exploding corpses..

user_day_45_groundcombatmission_manual_save_weapon_hitpoints-4.json

content_manager.state

output.log

output.log_1.958194d017da042c0ce3218552a378ff

44 minutes ago, squeezechart said:

Earlier in my campaign some soldiers died and were alive again when the team arrived at base again, then there are crashes that seem to be related to overwatch and MARS;

in the present mission the normal rifle does a damage of 903 which leads to exploding corpses..

user_day_45_groundcombatmission_manual_save_weapon_hitpoints-4.json

content_manager.state

output.log

output.log_1.958194d017da042c0ce3218552a378ff

If you get the crashes then please post up the logs, they're the bugs we most want to fix. For the soldier survival stuff, is it purely down to the post-mission survival chance? Have you built a Medical Room?

Anyway, I can't reproduce the high rifle damage from the save game you provided. Is there a specific soldier that is affected?

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the issue comes from playing multiple missions in the same session, and it gets reset when you load a save. That might explain why it doesn't happen on every mission.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Anyway, I can't reproduce the high rifle damage from the save game you provided. Is there a specific soldier that is affected?

All weapons have the triple-digit HP but it only affects cleaners, though I've only seen cleaners and the turret things on wheels. It started randomly after loading a game this afternoon. 

13 hours ago, Emily_F said:

All weapons have the triple-digit HP but it only affects cleaners, though I've only seen cleaners and the turret things on wheels. It started randomly after loading a game this afternoon. 

Aha, thanks. Then it's likely going to be linked to the anti-Cleaner racial damage multiplier in some way, which is triggered when you research the Cleaner autopsy project (it should provide a 10% damage bonus).

I'll have a play and see if I can reproduce the issue after researching that.

EDIT - I was able to reproduce it from your other save. We'll get that fixed.