[21] Laboratory Screen

Ruggerman

I believe in previous versions of Xen 2, you could not hire scientists or engineers; you would have to get new personnel by completing certain missions or building offices on the geoscape (similar to xcom 2). They may have switched back to this idea in v21. 

Do you see any offices that you can build on the geoscape? If you do, then this isn't a bug, but a feature. If you don't see anything different on the geoscape when compared to v19 and v20, then it is probably an error. 

Yep, in my short look in I have seen exactly the same Ruggerman. In V17 / V18 to V20 you could recruit more scientists. That is gone Missing here in V21 in the Laboratory-Screen.

The Engineers instad you can hire fully normal in the Workshop-Screen.

Have you played longer or take only a short look into the new Version like me yesterday Night, where you build up your Main-Base with the first more Buildings [second Lab, Generator, Hospital and Training Center] in the first days?

Edited by Alienkiller

Hmm.... normaly I would say it´s an Bug.

But with the Refits the Devs are bringing in since this Version it could be a Special with the Scientists too. You get more later with the Reduction of the first / beginning Threat (Human-Enemys). Maybe as an Security-Special that the Enemys (Human-Traitors) don´t get Research-Datas.

I suggest observe this, because we both don´t know it´s a Feature (Special) or an Bug. The Chance that is a Special-Feature is 50 %.

Edited by Alienkiller