Layout of basic battle harness

It would be nice if the basic battle harness, that you see in the units equipment page was more in line with battle harness that is actually worn by infantry soldiers, with a place for battle knife or bayonet, and that a holster for the side arm, instead of it put in the back pack or tucked into the wait belt taking up room that could be used for other equipment, and also attach point on the harness for one or two ready grenades??

As more combat suits become available, they also could add more functionality to those suits with better layout.

That does the discussion group feel on this???      

That´s to much work to change it for every Suit. Then the Game you wont see in the next 40 Years or in worst Case forever. That´s why all Game-Devs (dosen´t matter from UFO ET, old / new XCOM, Phoenix Point etc.) have an System where you can change the Suits / Armor and an static Equipment-System.

The existing System here is very good and an big Rework / Refit from that of Xenonauts 1. An similar System uses the UFO-ET-Series.

If you wanna have an System with a Sidearm-Holster and such, then look in the UNI-Mod for UFO ET, which Refit the existing System with the missing things. The Xenonauts 2-System have already the most of it, maybe the missing Sidarm-Holster can be integrated.

Edited by Alienkiller

• 2 months later...

In any case, what a soldier will take with him into battle depends on his carrying capacity, and not on the number of special pockets. When the inventory pockets are fully occupied, and the soldiers will still have the carrying capacity (the ability to carry more weight) - only then should you think about additional places in a more advanced suit.

A side arm is called a side arm, because it is on your side, and not in a back park, Oh! and yes a soldier will only carry what he needs or what he feels he will need, that is why the battle harness is very important, as it can place needed equipment close at hand, and not have to spend time rummaging in his back pack in a desperate situation. I understand that there are limitation to what can fit on a user interface screen, and if that is the case, then you just have to state it, and that is the end of it. Thank you.

Ruggerman, maybe the Soldier-Equip-Screen can be reworked from the Devs or Modded like in the Uni-Mod for UFO 1 ET Standard / Gold-Edition.

But atm we have to look that the Game get ready with every tested and in Rework / Refit-Part done asap. The Remaining Secondary / Terteriary Things like that can be done with an DLC / Mod.

At one time, I made a modification of the soldier's personal inventory for the game UFO 1-2 (open Xcom).

maxi_1.1.thumb.png.67a59b57a1d60a1cd27340ff02d53094.png

(that was before) :

pcA7c.thumb.jpg.041a72263b16103cdf723816eef67937.jpg

Pockets allowed the equipment to be divided into separate groups by category. Which was convenient for the game. However, in the game "Xenonauts" in the tactical control panel there are separate buttons for grenades, first aid kits, ammunition.

08173293.thumb.jpg.0ebb540033f8b84178fdb4827e46a9d4.jpg

Which is convenient.

However, the inventory pockets themselves are not so convenient (visually) to fill with equipment sorted by category.

upr9ho3c.jpg.ef6355f47a6c49823a1011a950b44d68.jpg

If you are interested in my opinion, then I am in favor of adding a few more strips of pockets to the personal inventory of the soldier "Xenonauts 2". (Backpack 4x5; Bib 1x5; belt 1x5; the rest 1x5). At the bottom there is a place under the belt and backpack.ss_3f89e202fe180dcbb1f4cda67f9f5604107ab075.1920x1080.thumb.jpg.ac5016d350f0d78d3632b5daeb3f8d51.jpg

Edited by Komandos

Sadly we don´t have a Picture from UFO 1 ET UNI-Mod with that Soldier-Equipment-Screen. But I will make one today, if I don´t forgett it. There you see what I and Ruggerman mean.

Kommandos, if you can bring the Steam-Community to wait 2 or 3 more Years patient with Arguments, Facts etc., we can bring the Soldier-Equipment-Change and other long-time Changes in. And from my Experiance there you won´t have Success. That you can belive me.

It´s better to finish the Main-Game WIP with already testet and Reworked / Refited Features, fully R & D and Major-to Implement Things out. After the Main-Game is running, we can think over an DLC with such Secondarys / Terteries. Or an Mod (like in UFO 1 ET UNI-Mod) upgrades the Soldier-Equipment Screen.

Edited by Alienkiller

Thanks, Kommandos. It´s Russian and yes, that is what I mean.

new Implemented:

Head-Part for an Helmet (f. e. Anti-PSI) [Head]

Shield-Holster for an Electronical-Shield (Energieshield for Soldiers) [Torso]

Pistol-Holster for different Pistols (Stun, normal, Engery etc.) [under the Shield-Holster]

additional Shoulder-Pockets for whatever (Grenades, Ammo etc.)

Not Changed: Hands, Belt, Backpack and the small Shoulder-Pockets (2x2)

Ruggerman, we have Vests and specials integrated and playable ready, which should make with all other in Rework / Refit etc. testet and implemented Features as well as important Missing (Storyline etc.) ones made stable asap.

Secondary / Tertiary Features we should bring in later with an DLC as Surprisse and Bonus for the Community.