[V12] Loading saves crashes the game

Any dev/tester have a word on this? I really would like to play more the game, but with no save game option is kinda impossible.

I'm not pressing anything.

I am a software tester myself, and I know how this things (alpha/beta) are. I'm just checking for maybe a workaround. :P

i had a drop out thanks to the suppression bug. going back in there were 3 autosaves:

The oldest loaded, this was pre-mission for the previous ufo on the "engage/abort" option for a ground mission on the geoscape.

The next more recent save with more funds flicked up the "please be patient..." (assume tac-mission start) black screen before dropping out

The most recent save (assume mission complete?) died immediately with no load screen.

ok

grounded ufo premission popup autosave - works (my autosave that worked above)

immediately after mission manual save - works

next ufo spawns - works

base hanger and living quarters complete (whilst interceptors heading towards ufo) manual - works

manual save immediately after interceptors shoot down scout - fails

manual save immediately after chinook completes ground mission - works

not sure about the autosaves, there are 3 but it doesn't look like they've updated with the new interception/mission details...

As far as I can tell, the ONLY time I can't load a save is when there's a downed UFO. If there's a downed UFO on the geoscape, the save makes the game CTD. Otherwise, things seem to load fine.

Just tested it and yeah, doesn't load when there are crashed UFOs.

I'm also having the crashes when trying to load a save when there is a UFO crashsite

AND

when I try to save in a ground battle, CTD every time

Thats consistant with my first attempt with the autosaves...

Ok, so play but save after you've cleared all the crash sites... and we're now in ironman mode for ground combat ;)

can op add a " - workaround found" to the end of the thread title?

can op add a " - workaround found" to the end of the thread title?

That would unfortunately not change the thread title in the forum. It would only change in the first post after you opened up this thread. After a thread has been made only a moderator can change the displayed topic.

Many changes were made during the development including improved save game loading.

The "funny" part of it, I reported these issues, and they were fixed, but they are back in the release. I'm going to reopen this issues, and they will be fixed soon.

I have the same issue. I completely cleaned the xenonauts folder from my users directory before starting with xeononauts-12

After about an hour or so of playing, auto saves ceased taking place. Any manual save I make crashes the game completely when loaded. I can load the last auto save, play the ground mission, make a save. If I then quit that game and try and load it critically crashes to MS error reporting.

System: Windows 7 Home Professional x64, 3GB.

The game is looking so much more polished and the progression mechanics for alien ships make things so worth while but I agree that I will have to cease testing until the next version if I have to repeat the same timeline continuously. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case there are any save or config files needed for analysis.

I agree that I will have to cease testing until the next version if I have to repeat the same timeline continuously.

I know you didn't report any problems with shooting aliens, but try the fix reported in the new main bugs thread. It seems to solve a lot of CTDs, regardless of apparent cause, and I haven't had any crashes since implementing the fix.