Possibilities within the new weapon system. (Ideas)

Whilst I am not currently part of the closed beta, I have watched some gameplay of it enough to have a vague idea.

The new secondary system allows for something not present in X1 that I think would add to the tactical options available to a commander. That being conditional secondaries. That is, secondary weapons that could only be equipped provided a certain primary weapon(s) or armor is(/are) equipped. For example, underbarrel weapons attachments such as shotguns or single-shot grenade launchers. Perhaps something more spicy like a flamethrower charge attached to an arm. I think seeing these would make for very interesting gameplay especially if grenade ammo types for said launcher operated like rockets from X1. (Lobbing flashbangs, thermobarics, incendiaries, smokes, etc.)

This could be expanded to primaries conditional upon armor to, beyond the previous BigGun system in X1, giving more systemic flexibility for such exclusive systems. (Who doesn't want to see a power armor welding badass carrying an M2 HMG modified into a rifle that only they could carry? I know I do. Or, an AI-integrated rifle requiring specialized armor)

Edited by Woz2

You mean something like in new XCOM-Series. There it make Sense, but not in Xenonauts.

Maybe there come some Weapon-Upgrades like Grenade-Thrower, Night-Vision or something, which is doable like the Upgrades from Standard-Human-Weapons to Accelerate ones.

Edited by Alienkiller

@AlienkillerNot quite, no. In XCOM EU/EW, weapons are determined based upon class, not equipment. Such a system as I described it would not function within the XCOM framework, especially not the grenade launcher as it does not have the same weapon system that would allow for variable ammunition as such. Whilst the aforementioned flamethrower  could be done decently, the rest of the idea could not. (Even then, the  flamethrower would be an intrinsic equipment item not an optional one.) Like, an expansion upon the BigGun criteria of X1 to make weapons exclusive to armor sets, or equipment (in Xeno this would be secondaries) some weapons can equip but not others. It, again, would have based upon class.

I'm unsure where exactly you thought such a system might fit within XCOM's confines.

Edited by Woz2