[V20.0] Items going missing from loadout screen

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I'm sure I have laser weapons and warden armour go AWOL randomly.  I thought at first it was down to a soldier being vaporised but I haven't had that happen for a while yet I have had two laser shotguns, a couple of Warden armour suits and a rifle go missing.  There's no save that shows it happening, but it appears to be down to a soldier getting injured - their kit gets taken off them and doesn't get added back to the stores correctly or something. 

On 7/1/2021 at 12:45 PM, Emily_F said:

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I'm sure I have laser weapons and warden armour go AWOL randomly.  I thought at first it was down to a soldier being vaporised but I haven't had that happen for a while yet I have had two laser shotguns, a couple of Warden armour suits and a rifle go missing.  There's no save that shows it happening, but it appears to be down to a soldier getting injured - their kit gets taken off them and doesn't get added back to the stores correctly or something. 

Hmm. Yeah, there's been reports of this happening for a while but we've not managed to pin down what's happening. Do you have any mission-end / mission start saves where you notice the number of weapons being different to what you expected?

I haven't really spotted it in my playthoughs, but then I don't massively use the preset loadout system either. So perhaps it's linked to soldiers with custom / edited loadouts being injured?

For me it happened not after mission but just while switching soldier loadouts.

Don't remember though if it was between the stock loadouts or between custom and stock... I will test if I have time, but might take time.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Hmm. Yeah, there's been reports of this happening for a while but we've not managed to pin down what's happening. Do you have any mission-end / mission start saves where you notice the number of weapons being different to what you expected?

I haven't really spotted it in my playthoughs, but then I don't massively use the preset loadout system either. So perhaps it's linked to soldiers with custom / edited loadouts being injured?

I've not really noticed it until I've gone to equip a squad for a specific mission and then thought, "where are all my laser weapons? I am sure I had made four rifles". 

3 hours ago, Emily_F said:

I've not really noticed it until I've gone to equip a squad for a specific mission and then thought, "where are all my laser weapons? I am sure I had made four rifles". 

The only thing to remember is that units that are killed via explosives will have their items destroyed. So I guess if you've lost soldiers to alien grenades you've probably lost weapons as a result of that.

Maybe that shouldn't be something that happens, thinking about it.

Just an idea:

Maybe on normal and easy difficult levels the weapons are not lost, but on harder difficulties they are?

By the way, are the armors also supposed to be lost only when soldier is killed by explosives, or always?