How will xenonauts deal with the drudgery of downed ufos?

I played the original xcom game since back in the day. One of the problems that game had and xcom games in general are the numerous ufos that come and go. After a while it gets boring having to do a tactical mission especially if the ufo is big. The reasons are too many ufos, way to many, the other is that aliens are hiding which is infuriating especially if you spend 30 rounds trying to find the last one.

How will xenonauts deal with it? The ufo2 game that came out now used your money and every ufo you downed and cleared gave you 200k. Still this is not a solution bc you have to do the tactical mission and it ends up being a chore instead of fun

Some ideas to help break this cycle are

a.send a team to clear the mission and get 50k eg. Or do it manually and get more?

b. Add various missions that have some backstory to break the monotony? Eg raid a secret lab, save someone, something with story(openxcom tried to do something like that in one of its mods)

c. Less ufos but with added challenge? Do 1 mission per month but a hard one?

Just thinking out loud here but yeah, i usually end up not bothering with ufos at all at some point, just shoot them down and press the time to fast forward. Any ideas on that?

1 hour ago, DREADNAUGHT said:

I played the original xcom game since back in the day. One of the problems that game had and xcom games in general are the numerous ufos that come and go. After a while it gets boring having to do a tactical mission especially if the ufo is big. The reasons are too many ufos, way to many, the other is that aliens are hiding which is infuriating especially if you spend 30 rounds trying to find the last one.

It is not necessary to send a team for every mission here. You can delegate it to the locals and get paid for it. This allows you to focus on important missions and saves a lot of time.

You do not need to go around the whole map to find the last alien. It is enough to clean and hold their ship a certain number of turns (5 if I'm not mistaken).

• Like 1