Is Xenonauts 2 combat going to be similar to the first game, or have more depth like Jagged Alliance 2?

On 6/8/2021 at 7:34 PM, trueman11 said:

I would LOVE to see 's combat resemble more. Granted JA2 combined real-time and turn-based and that had it's huge effect. I doubt smth like that will be implemented in X2, but still there are many other features and details that can be.

In the game "Jagged Alliance 2" professional mercenaries fight against less professional soldiers, but more numerous.

In UFOs 1-2; Xenonauts - the opposite is true. Less experienced, but numerous detachments of people are fighting with stronger, but smaller detachments of aliens. The role element is smaller here.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, trueman11 said:

ll of what you write is interesting. I guess it a matter of taste what each individual enjoys. And whereas I have a clear preference between the two games, it varies. BUT. Even when comparing Xenonauts to the original X-Com in my impression combat comes up short – it does not have the same tension, for some reason, for me. Simply put Xenonauts 1 combat is boring for me. mod for it improved A LOT in combat, it felt tense and engaging, but it still lacked the variety of JA2.

After playing a bit of Xenonauts, I also found the fights boring. The soldiers are walking in dense crowds, but they still don't have enough firepower to keep the enemy at a safe distance.

Then I increased the visual distance from 25 to 35. The base range of the weapon has also been increased by the same amount. The number of aliens has doubled. The number of my soldiers in the amphibious transport was set to the maximum (16 soldiers). The fighting has become dynamic. Almost at every step I had fire or visual contact with the enemy. 16 soldiers and an increased viewing range (shooting) allowed me to occupy the front for the entire width of the map. Up to 40 aliens could be encountered in one battle. (For complete happiness, I tried to increase the crew to 18-20 people, but nothing came of it). As a result: Thanks to the ability to edit resources, I think the game turned out to be quite successful.