Soldier's Previous Experience

I was watching to footage of the demos and noticed that only a nationality was present on a soldier's profile and that previous experience is no longer present? I know it's small, but I did enjoy this little detail in Xenonauts 1.

21 hours ago, bobsters said:

I was watching to footage of the demos and noticed that only a nationality was present on a soldier's profile and that previous experience is no longer present?

Depends on what you mean by experience? In X2, each soldier gains combat experience and improving his stats. In addition, there is a special building for training. This way we can train all soldiers, including those who do not take part in combat.

2 minutes ago, MrAlex said:

Depends on what you mean by experience? In X2, each soldier gains combat experience and improving his stats. In addition, there is a special building for training. This way we can train all soldiers, including those who do not take part in combat.

He is talking about where and when the soldier previously had fought before the start of the game; for example, if your unit had fought in Vietnam then it would say "Previous experience- Vietnam". This does not effect the gameplay at all; it just adds more depth and character to your soldiers. 

17 hours ago, Kamehamehayes said:

He is talking about where and when the soldier previously had fought before the start of the game; for example, if your unit had fought in Vietnam then it would say "Previous experience- Vietnam". This does not effect the gameplay at all; it just adds more depth and character to your soldiers. 

LOL, I've never read such trifles.

5 hours ago, MrAlex said:

It's easier for me to think that they are recruits without experience. Especially when they miss with a shotgun shooting at an alien standing 1 cell away from him

It is not as bad as the firaxis xcom where soldiers cannot hit the broad side of a barn, but somehow accurately throw grenades from 20 ft away. I guess xcom likes to hire professional baseball and/or softball players?

Now that I think about it, xenonauts soldiers can use a stun baton pretty well... so I guess secret military organizations with the goal of defending the planet from alien invasion like to hire baseball players... it would be really funny if Chris added a research text depicting this very phenomenon. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 8:50 AM, MrAlex said:

It's easier for me to think that they are recruits without experience. Especially when they miss with a shotgun shooting at an alien standing 1 cell away from him

These kind of misses is something I always thought was immersion breaking. The soldiers should not be able to miss when they are so up close. It is better if the soldiers often hit but the aliens can take lots of damage.

Rather than having weaker aliens and the soldiers miss even on close range.