[V18.2 - Ground Combat] CTD during alien turn

Moonfire

During the alien's second turn at an Observer crash site, the game crashed to desktop. Attached are the autosave from just before this and the most recent log file.

auto_groundcombat_turn_2_end-248.json

output.log

Update: Loading and continuing did not result in a repeat incident, though the alien turn played out quite differently. I don't know exactly what was happening when the game crashed, but the soldier under mind war had come under alien control and the elite alien next to the crashed UFO had flown to the roof of the building. In the replay, the soldier only panicked and the elite alien stayed nearly put.

Hmm.... sounds like something bigger. Sometimes I have such CTD´s or not ending Turns too.

It´s an interaction from the Map, the Aliens, Soldiers, Standard- and PSI-Attacks etc. as well as what the Player is doing. I have sometimes something similar in Ground Missions and tried other Tactics. And get the same Results you describe.

Therefore the Devs have an

Official AI Testing Suggestion Threat

for that, where they make a plan together with the Community and Beta Testers to fix the Bugs step by step.

Edited by Alienkiller