Xenonauts Testing for Mac.

Hey, I am a backer who bought the game specifically to play it on my Mac. I haven't ran a Windows system in just over a year now and wouldn't look back if you paid me. :)

I'm just wondering who else out there that backed this game is interested in playing, or better yet TESTING the game in it's beta on their Mac machines. I think it would be great if we actually got some solid testing done so that the game will come out stable on the Mac just as much as it should be on Windows.

Also how close or hopeful can are we in possibly getting a port to try and test of the game?

Well Chris said on kickstarter that the mac and linux ports would be done 'on release' so that could mean they will be released at the same time as the windows version but more likely means they will be worked on after that point.

For me more versions means more people get to play the game so I hope it can be done as early as possible.

I know how frustrating it is when the console or overseas versions of games come out before the one I am waiting for and I imagine it is no different for the mac/linux users.

I can understand the technical issues related to multiple ports, but it would be nice to have some testing time on the Mac versions before they are released. Though Goldhawk has stated that there would be a Mac version "for" release so I'd assume this is their intention.

As someone who paid to get a nice DVD case version, I'd like to have the Mac version on that disc as well, otherwise I guess I could have just done with the digital copy. The keepsake is nice, but nicer if it actually works for what I have.

Unfortunately this is all guess-work until Chris or the other devs in charge of porting and the beta it's self give a statement on it or some kind of official word. Perhaps they might not be thinking about it until someone starts talking about it in the forums. :)

Well I'm hoping to start playing the game. Hoping the official word on the Mac port will surface and hope that it will be a part of the beta as well.