Base Building v2

11 hours ago, zolobolo said:

I am warry of 3D base elements as Phoenix Point has don that and they have proven jsut how boring and monotone that can get without proper care taken to bring it alive

Pheonix Point has no 3D base emulation like in my  above screenshot from Phantom Doctrine

Pheonix Point has screenshots (arranged on a grid) of some bland 3D assets that masquerade as actual base buildings.

So I don't even understand how you made a connection with what I've said  and tried to convey in my previous post with what PP did, which was shameful in my opinion.

So no, PP does not have a base depicted in 3D.

• 7 months later...
On 4/25/2021 at 12:06 AM, Grotesque said:

If it were up to me, I wouldn't limit the player on how many "rooms" he can have in a base

I agree. If the Base is not built on an island, then nothing can limit its size. (Nothing, for example, limits the size of cities.)

If you make the size of the Base not 6x6, but 12x12, then outwardly nothing will change. Living quarters that used to be 1x1 will become 2x2. Hangars that used to be 2x2 will now be 4x4. However, it will be possible to make 3x3 rooms; 3x4; 2x3 and even 1x1 (small warehouses, small radars, garages, etc.).