Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V18.2 Hotfix Released! (Experimental Branch)

This hotfix addreses a few more minor issues in Beta Build V18. You'll need to be on the Experimental Branch to access the build.

If there are no more major issues (at least easily reproducable ones) reported for V18.2 then we'll do a release version of this and put it out on the defualt Steam / GOG branches too!

Fixes & Gameplay Updates:

• Fixed a bug where units killed in Base Defence missions would remain in the dropship and prevent it from launching.
    • Fixed a bug where the aircraft armour might not heal to max in some circumstances.
    • Soldier Equip - tooltips for Undersuits now work correctly.
    • Soldier Equip - scalesuit / silksuit now correctly boost Armour on the soldier.
    • Soldier Equip - fixed up / down button scrolling being inverted.
    • Soldier Equip - fixed red error text flashing up when you hovered over an ammo item.
    • Xenopedia - fixed some broken xenopedia projects for the aircraft, which weren't popping when when they should.

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues with V18.2 as we will continue to make additional fixes as required.

• Like 2

Thanks Chris will make an new Test with this version. Give us 1 or 1,5 Weeks. I can only test in the Evening and on Weekends (if nothing other comes in like the RPG I play or XCOM EW where German an AAR is in writing).

Then we can give the DevTeam an exaclty statement what is working and what not. Then Beta 19 can better get fittet and prepared with the new Elements the Dev Team is currently implementing.

We know that the Armor-Repair in the Air is an Fill-Inner, so I concentrate on the other Parts which aren´t Fill-Inners anymore (like the Vests, Armors, Base-Defense Missions, Xenopedia etc.).

Edited by Alienkiller

On 3/21/2021 at 9:56 AM, Alienkiller said:

Thanks Chris will make an new Test with this version. Give us 1 or 1,5 Weeks. I can only test in the Evening and on Weekends (if nothing other comes in like the RPG I play or XCOM EW where German an AAR is in writing).

Then we can give the DevTeam an exaclty statement what is working and what not. Then Beta 19 can better get fittet and prepared with the new Elements the Dev Team is currently implementing.

We know that the Armor-Repair in the Air is an Fill-Inner, so I concentrate on the other Parts which aren´t Fill-Inners anymore (like the Vests, Armors, Base-Defense Missions, Xenopedia etc.).

In your opinion, do you think that v19 would be ready for the open beta or should the open beta release wait until v20? I really want your honest opinion. 

I think Open Beta will be V20 or V21, after the big Implementations which come in atm get testet in Closed-Beta first. We know what to look for, the Public not. I don´t think that the Devs wanna bring something out which get untested to the Public-Testers.

The best example is UFO2ET too, that is in Development since 10 Years or so. Now it´s in the Final stage for getting Published after the Translations in German etc. are done.

Edited by Alienkiller

On 3/23/2021 at 2:04 AM, Alienkiller said:

@all active Cloesed-Beta-Testers: Have you found something Gamebreaking or not working atm? I made a little look yesterday evening, but not so far in the Game.

I don't know if I missed something or if this is a bug. I created a ticket, but if someone can tell me how to scroll down the list of room construction options on the base building screen I can delete it.

Basically, for the first time, I have gotten a game to the point where I have more rooms I can build than there is space on the screen. I know things are missing because I cant find the Hanger on the list at all now.

Let me know if I just missed something so I can remove the bug post.