[V18.1 Ground combat] In middle of turn, only one troop can be hi-lited/moved

maxm222

This is a weird one.  Didn't see any precipitant.  I tried various ways of moving other soldiers, but after tab (only) worked briefly to cycle through troops, the same soldier stayed highlighted and was the only one who could be moved.  I had to quit the game to end the turn.  Will re-load and see what happens.

See screen shot and turn file.

Image7.thumb.jpg.94ddd0e2a66b5c2e3b0a6bf6968481f4.jpg

user_cannot_clickchoose_troops-8.json

Yeah, that’s strange. We others have that sometimes too. Then only Save / Load or Save / Quit and Load helps. Normaly the Problem go away with that Solution automatically.

The Devs know that Problem since the last 3 or 4 Versions and working on it with every Version. The Problems could have something to do with the neseccary complete refitted Ground Maps. What there make this wrong we all don´t know. Or something complete Different deeper in the Base-Game.

Atm. only the above announced Solution helps against that. Much worser is if you can´t do anything completely (see my Problem with the MARS after Base-Defense). There I had to break up Testing completely until the next Hotfix or new Version V.19 comes out.

Edited by Alienkiller

12 hours ago, maxm222 said:

This is a weird one.  Didn't see any precipitant.  I tried various ways of moving other soldiers, but after tab (only) worked briefly to cycle through troops, the same soldier stayed highlighted and was the only one who could be moved.  I had to quit the game to end the turn.  Will re-load and see what happens.

See screen shot and turn file.

user_cannot_clickchoose_troops-8.json

Thanks. That's a strange one. Unfortunately loading the save game doesn't allow me to reproduce the problem though, as all soldiers are selectable after a load.

Do you have the autosave from the beginning of the turn or the end of the previous turn? If it's connected to Mind War then that should allow us to reproduce it.

If not, is there any more info you can give? Did it happen immediately from the start of the turn after the soldier panicked?

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

Yeah, that’s strange. We others have that sometimes too. Then only Save / Load or Save / Quit and Load helps. Normaly the Problem go away with that Solution automatically.

The Devs know that Problem since the last 3 or 4 Versions and working on it with every Version. The Problems could have something to do with the neseccary complete refitted Ground Maps. What there make this wrong we all don´t know. Or something complete Different deeper in the Base-Game.

Atm. only the above announced Solution helps against that. Much worser is if you can´t do anything completely (see my Problem with the MARS after Base-Defense). There I had to break up Testing completely until the next Hotfix or new Version V.19 comes out.

We're not actually aware of this problem. There's a lot of bugs that look very similar to the player but have different causes and need different fixes, so please don't assume we already know about a bug unless it's clearly exactly the same bug other people have reported from the same version or an earlier hotfix of that version :)

Chris said:  "Do you have the autosave from the beginning of the turn or the end of the previous turn? If it's connected to Mind War then that should allow us to reproduce it."

Actually, problems started several turns before the one where I couldn't do anything, so here are the autosaves from turns 3-4.  Hope one helps.  I'll try to note the first occurrence of any such problems in the future.

auto_groundcombat_turn_3_start-45.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_4_start-47.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_3_end-46.json

9 hours ago, maxm222 said:

Chris said:  "Do you have the autosave from the beginning of the turn or the end of the previous turn? If it's connected to Mind War then that should allow us to reproduce it."

Actually, problems started several turns before the one where I couldn't do anything, so here are the autosaves from turns 3-4.  Hope one helps.  I'll try to note the first occurrence of any such problems in the future.

auto_groundcombat_turn_3_start-45.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_4_start-47.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_3_end-46.json

Hmm, I can't reproduce it from those saves either unfortunately. If you see it again then let me know!