[V18.1 - Geoscape] - Aliens have stopped showing up

Emily_F

After destroying the alien beacon base in Iceland, I haven't had any more UFOs. For, like, 8 months. But I can't get rid of the panic so I ended up losing because I ran out of ways to make the panic go down (because of the orbital bombardment). It was nice to have a bit of a break to get my interceptors back up to strength and to get rid of some soldier stress, but you end up losing by default

18 hours ago, Emily_F said:

After destroying the alien beacon base in Iceland, I haven't had any more UFOs. For, like, 8 months. But I can't get rid of the panic so I ended up losing because I ran out of ways to make the panic go down (because of the orbital bombardment). It was nice to have a bit of a break to get my interceptors back up to strength and to get rid of some soldier stress, but you end up losing by default

Yeah, there is a point at which the aliens stop spawning because the timeline runs out of aliens, but there's battleships regularly spawning at that point and it's like 8-12 months in. What date did the aliens stop spawning for you?

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Yeah, there is a point at which the aliens stop spawning because the timeline runs out of aliens, but there's battleships regularly spawning at that point and it's like 8-12 months in. What date did the aliens stop spawning for you?

I'm fairly sure it was in August, straight after I destroyed the second alien base that housed the signal beacon. I'd had a few battleships show up before that and then nothing afterwards. 

4 hours ago, Emily_F said:

I'm fairly sure it was in August, straight after I destroyed the second alien base that housed the signal beacon. I'd had a few battleships show up before that and then nothing afterwards. 

The save you sent over was in September / October which is where the timeline runs out, and you've basically played through all the different types of UFOs at that point. I'll add a few more waves that are a bit more battleship heavy in the next version (not the next hotfix) so you can play a bit longer if you want though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 3/15/2021 at 5:02 PM, Emily_F said:

Emily_F,

I had this issue in v18.2 (legacy beta) as well.

Regards,

Compo.