[v 18 Ground Combat] Combat armor disappear

MrAlex

Hmm, I gave this a test and I couldn't reproduce this. I went into battle with a soldier with a laser rifle and Warden Armour, shot him until he was wounded and then aborted the mission. It seemed like everything worked fine - the items went to the stores and I could requip them on other units when it returned to base. The same happened on another test mission with the Combat Armour.

Do you have a save where this issue can be reproduced?

14 hours ago, Chris said:

Do you have a save where this issue can be reproduced?

I will be more closely monitoring this issue in future missions. I think it may be it involves using a dropship with 14 soldiers out of 8 available.

Edited by MrAlex

Hmm played the last 3 Days V.18.1 and get the second Armor-Set and the first Vest as well as upgraded Standard-Weapons atm. 

I´m in mid April or so and nothing dissapeared.

But therefore some Research-Texts don´t show up. X-55 Interceptor and the second Dropship.

Edited by Alienkiller

18 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

Research-Texts don´t show up.

The developers have not yet said anything about filling Xenopedia with texts. For example, I stopped paying attention to it. When they update the Xenopedia then it will make sense to read it.

On 3/14/2021 at 10:39 AM, Rusknight said:

I got the same bug in 18.1 - all my combat armor disappeared. It has smth to do with switching loadouts and assigning  soldiers to dropship\reserve

OK, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out what might be causing it.

Hmm.... that´s strange. Everything is working fine by me. I have produced 6 Combat Armors and 4 upgraded Combat Armors incl. fully Testing in all my Games in V.18. And nothing disappeared.

Eventually there is a Data not correctly installed. Had this Problem too with the Ground-Combat-Result and the Shotgunners there. If they survived they get shown as lost, if they get died they shown as living.

Maybe a full deinsatlation incl. the C:/Whatever-Part where the Saves get there will solve the Problem. It helped me to solve the announced Problem.

• 1 month later...

This has continued to be an intermittent issue in 18.2. I usually notice it when unequipping armor from soldiers not assigned to a dropship, though I've also noticed weapons going missing, too. I'll try to watch for it and grab a log file since it seems to be hard to reproduce.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

It has been long time since I have had time to play Xenonauts 2, but I think I encountered similar bug two days ago after starting fresh with beta 18.2.

I had just placed the first base and started building things in it. I checked soldier equipment screen and noticed that all the assaults had combat armor, as did also either rifflemen or infantry. So if I remember right, I had four or five combat armors in total. Then I went into the soldier recruitment screen to check the skills and made some changes in roles according to them directly from that screen.

After I shot the first scout down and went to check soldier equipment, I noticed that only one of my assaults had armor and the rest were missing also from my inventory.

Unfortunately I don't have the save game or logs for this, but maybe you can reproduce what happened to me.

23 hours ago, mclang said:

Hello!

It has been long time since I have had time to play Xenonauts 2, but I think I encountered similar bug two days ago after starting fresh with beta 18.2.

I had just placed the first base and started building things in it. I checked soldier equipment screen and noticed that all the assaults had combat armor, as did also either rifflemen or infantry. So if I remember right, I had four or five combat armors in total. Then I went into the soldier recruitment screen to check the skills and made some changes in roles according to them directly from that screen.

After I shot the first scout down and went to check soldier equipment, I noticed that only one of my assaults had armor and the rest were missing also from my inventory.

Unfortunately I don't have the save game or logs for this, but maybe you can reproduce what happened to me.

Thanks. So in the most recent version of the game we've updated it so that Armour is lost is a unit is killed, but if you're playing V18.2 then that change hadn't yet been made.

I've not tested changing roles directly from the Soldier screen in my playthroughs so I'll give that a test in my next playthrough and see if I get any disappearing armour as a result of that.

Hello

I had time to test this again, and the armors indeed disappear when changing soldier roles in Soldiers screen (the one where you can recruit more).

How to test:

1. Check how many armors there is in the store using some soldier in the Equipment screen.
2. Switch to Soldiers screen.
3. Select an assault soldier that has armor and which also should have armor as per their role.
4. Change soldiers role to one that should not have an armor
5. Amount of armors in store should have stayed the same, meaning one armor vanished.

I hope this help you to check if this problem is present in newer versions.

By the way, does armor get lost also when soldier survives, or only if he/she dies permanently?

2 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

In the new Versions V.19 / V.19.1 following the Armor get lost after an Soldier dies, like in good old X-Com. The same should be in some replicas [like UFO: AI, the UFO-After-Row] too, if I remember correctly.

This has been said twice already and I understand, but my additional question was about if the armor is lost immediately when the soldier dies during the mission, or only after soldier dies for real after failing the survival throw that medical center provides.