v18 ground combat solider cannot use weapon

3 hours ago, odizzido said:

Craig Allan cannot use his rifle

I think it's actually pretty simple. If you switch weapons your guns break. Let me know if you would like any other files/info.

output.log_1.8766494ff2d032158a132e7264d94b62

user_cant_shoot-3.json

Hmmm, thanks. Definitely something we should fix but while I can reproduce that issue with that solider in the save game, I can't figure out how to reproduce it in my own games. It's not as simple as switching weapons breaking the targetting though, or having secondary weapons selected at end of turn.

Did you do anything else with that soldier? Did they reaction fire maybe? Do you remember the sequence of steps you did when you swapped weapons?

Incidentally you can work around the issue for now just by pressing Ctrl and using free fire mode to fire the weapon.

4 hours ago, odizzido said:

Craig Allan cannot use his rifle

I think it's actually pretty simple. If you switch weapons your guns break. Let me know if you would like any other files/info.

output.log_1.8766494ff2d032158a132e7264d94b62

user_cant_shoot-3.json

Actually, figured it out from the logs, thanks. Weapons equipped from the backpacks don't show fire cursors like the weapons that start equipped do. We'll get that fixed!