17.1 - Finished Run - Reporting bugs

CaptainSPrice

@Chris

1. All Secondary armor instead of giving extra armor, gives HP instead.

2. When any soldier gonna get injured in the battle - after recovery soldiers wont receive proper stats boost like: Reflex,HP,Time Units,Strenght,Accuracy,Bravery.Xenonauts-2-2.png

3. Don't know if you @Chris remove the COMPOS button that give soldier extra armor or not but i think COMPOS button is a good idea - you add upgrade like extra armor upgrade for each armor and basicly you have 2 options - If people wanna use JetPacks- They can't use COMPOS combined with JetPack.

4. You can't demolish Generators and Communication Arrays(I wanted delete 2 in my main base and place in another base but remove button not working)

5. Colossus Armor Making T-Posses and no walking animation or Crouch Animation.

6. Don't know if that was intended but Every Plasma Weapon with loaded ammunition it's starting to drain all by itself

7. When Soldier in battle had +2 Ref, +2 Strenght, +2 Acc, +2 TU, +2 Bravery it's gonna receive only 1 HP or 2HP? Cuz i didn't notited anyone who had max stats boost from battle receive 2HP as reward.

8. In Base Defense when rotating camera in some places it's show black screen. I had to move around and rotate in order to see what's happening on the map.Xenonauts-2-BaseDefense-BlackWhenRotating.png

9. All aliens get knock out and put into sleep by Smoke Grenades. When I fight vs sibelians they get knock out and because of healing ability they are getting revived. (No need to use Stun weapons - Smoke nade spam 24h/7 OP)

10. When My soldier get knock out by smoke grenade - when i am using medkit i gets revived but he can't make any movment or shooting actions.

11. There are some objects on Base Defense or Terror Missions or UFO Missions when soldiers are shotting at aliens ---- Dev Console goes crazy when they hitting walls  ----- Dev Console Open up and all FPS are reduced to 1 or 0 FPS and i need to every time manually close Dev Console with Close button with is pain into ass when you need to do it on 1 or 0 FPS.

12. Alien Bodies are visible at night inside Alien Ships.

13. Tier 4 Alien Ship have an issue where  I or Aliens on black terrain of the Alien Ship can run throught it.

14. I don't know how it is possible but 1 of my soldiers got sniped by Alien Brute Plasma Machinegun from Second floor from Tier 5 Alien Ship(Cruiser) - in short - opened door and camp teleported. 1 Alien teleported below(Sibelian Brute) he got suppresed but didnt die. He was like giving vision where i am. After that when ALIEN ACTIVITY was still happening 1 of my soldiers got destroyed(Sniped from Machine Gun) from second floor. I teleported my soldier to second floor to check dafuq happend. I saw sibelian brute positioned towards soldiers i had below. I tried to use laser gun if i can hit any of soldiers below and Yes - I hit 1 of my guys. So Yep Aliens can snipe from top to below when they have vision.

15. Tier 7(BattleShips) When i sended soldiers into battle, after battle - All of the armor disappeared i think it was vs Wraith Nation

16. On tier 6-7 Crashsite missions all flares and Smoke nades when throwing are pink also when flare lands on the ground = pink

17. When i shotdown UFO Tier-7 BattleShip and when clock reach 04:August:2020 --------- 13:10:22 ------- Game Dies and i can't make any more Progress of the gameXenonauts-2.thumb.png.117e344b58c87e70d976151e37e640aa.png

18. Pink Wars

Xenonauts-Pink2.thumb.png.1a802ec92168070a82aa676771729aa5.png

Xenonauts-Pink1.pngXenonauts-Pink3.png

19. Inventory Bug - When in Geoscope setting up my soldiers inventory all works fine but when In Combat i use item or move or drag all nr 5 slots from top to below doesnt work

742201469_Xenonauts-2InventoryBug.thumb.png.79444c277bb5d77906c4cace502030af.png

Edited by CaptainSPrice

Most of the bugs described have already been reported to the developers, but there are some that are not. So thank you.

By the way, why do you need so many rounds? During the whole game I used no more than one, and only for shotguns and laser weapons (which have a small ammunition)

There have been some changes in the Laser-Weapons, that´s the Reason.  and get announced in Discussions too, if I remember correctly.

The Devs have announced that in V.16 and further Develoment some big changes get in the Game. They wanna beginn with the Laser-Weapons.

The first Laser-Weapons (Tier 1) are like Standard- / Upgraded Balistics with the Ammunation. Means: No Recharable Batteries, because it is an ongoing Development from the Standard-Military with differnt Alien-Materials to make portable Laser-Weapons for the Infantry and Ground-Vehicle-Weaponary.

The second Laser-Weapons (Tier 2) get the missing Upgrades later. Means: Recharchable Batteries, Laser-Cannons for Ground-Vehicle and now too for Fighters / Transports etc.

Edited by Alienkiller

23 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

The first Laser-Weapons (Tier 1) are like Standard- / Upgraded Balistics with the Ammunation.

I tested all this and took screenshots of the characteristics of all the ammunition of soldiers, vehicles and fighters. I also have a tree of all research for the last patch 17.1. I'm waiting for a new patch, then we can continue discussions about the balance and so on. Most of all I am interested in possible changes in air battles.

Edited by MrAlex

There is no Beta 17.2 for us to test. Beta 17.1 is the latest Version we have as Beta-Tester.

Beta 17.2 could be the one and only Demo-Build with the Demo-Harbor-Map.

But dosen´t matter Beta 18 is in Development. If I remember me correctly it was announced for this Week. The Date was without obligation 23. February at earlyest Beta 18 Release Day. But after the Devs have seen the new Bug-Summary I think they will make more work on it.

Otherwise it could be that the new Version get uploaded and we get an automatic Upgrade the next Hours (in the Evening / at Night), because Uploading (maximum 50 % to 60 % of the Download-Size) needs more time then downloading.

Edited by Alienkiller

Guys to be honest they need to remove combat armor as already start up armor - Basicly no point of Basic armor existance - Dont you guys think game already is too ez when you have researched combat armor and it's impossible to die with your start up 8 man squad with all combat armor ---- make game not too ez

Edited by CaptainSPrice

@CaptainSPrice: I disagree fully. Then you are not an 100 %-Beta-Tester from beginning on. If you were, then you wouldn´t bring in such a Suggestion. The Devs have brought in the Human-Standard-Armor (Kevlar Vests / Cevlar-Armor) not for nothing in the Game directly at Start.

If you wanna burn Money only for new Recruits, because you loose 80 % of them in every Mission, then do it. We others and the Devs secure our Soldiers (Men / Women / Own Soldier from Designing Tool) with the beginning Security Equipment.

Edited by Alienkiller

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

If you wanna burn Money only for new Recruits, because you loose 80 % of them in every Mission, then do it. We others and the Devs secure our Soldiers (Men / Women / Own Soldier from Designing Tool) with the beginning Security Equipment.

Oh, if only the problem was really in the money ... In fact, a player is allowed to hire only 10 new soldiers every month, of which only 2 or 3 have a good set of starting stats for the roles I need. Provided that I do not lose a single soldier in battle, only in a few months I can find a suitable composition of one team that will be equally effective in different missions. Given the stress, I need at least three teams in the middle of the game (two big teams). This is a problem even with an unlimited budget and no losses on missions :)

Edited by MrAlex

I dont know what do you mean by burn money since hiring 1 soldier cost 5000 credits. All i am saying is don't make game too easy on start. I the end of my campaing i got 66 soldiers hired with strong stats cuz i know how to play and manage things. All i am saying game is too easy in the start cuz you start already with 5 combat armor and all i need to do is click magic button in enginnering to produce 3 extra combat armor so i gonna have 8 in total in begin of the campaing.

Edited by CaptainSPrice

@MrAlex: What I mean with that is that you don´t let go your Close-Combat Soldiers without an Security Equipment you have on Earth already. If you don´t do it (esp. for Shotgunners, Infantry and evtl. Rifelmans / Heavy Infantry) then you will defenetly loose 80 % of your Troops in Combat. That´s fact in X2.

@CaptainSPrice: You can´t equip every Soldier at Start with the Cevlar-Armor. First, it´s to heavy and maximum 5 or 6 of your People can equiped with it (the 2 Shotgunners, the 2 Infantry and 1 or 2 Riflemans, which are mostly all in Closed-Combat-Range). 1 is an Sniper from beginning on, 1 get an Grenade-Launcher and act in an similar Position like the Sniper too, 2 Soldiers get Combat-Shield-Wearer and 2 Soldiers get Heavy Soldiers. All of them get later the much lighter Cevlar-Vest / upgraded Armor-Vest. The Sniper and Grenade-Launcher get 1 Soldier more each.

You see about 40 to max. 50 % of your Soldiers are heavy protectet, the other 50 to 60 % unprotected (later light protected), because you need the mix.

Short said: Everything is correct balanced from beginning on in Protection for your Soldiers. You are still underpowerd and can loose your Comrades in Battle.

Edited by Alienkiller

We not talking about real life. We talking about a game where you got a level of difficulties. Armor in the start is like a bonus. Listen in order to create a proper game you need 3 things -> 1) Difficulty 2) Content 3) Create a feeling when player finished first campaing he not gonna be like i finished the game -> turn off button, but he will wants start another campaing.

@Alienkiller I don't agree - All players in order to have ez late game need to focus on farming Reflex on all soldiers(Riffleman spam). I dont wanna have soldiers to go inside tier 3 UFO 2nd floor and get rekt by Sibelian Brute with machine gun cuz i had low reflex on soldier i teleported.

Edited by CaptainSPrice

19 minutes ago, CaptainSPrice said:

We not talking about real life. We talking about a game where you got a level of difficulties. Armor in the start is like a bonus. Listen in order to create a proper game you need 3 things -> 1) Difficulty 2) Content 3) Create a feeling when player finished first campaing he not gonna be like i finished the game -> turn off button, but he will wants start another campaing.

@Alienkiller I don't agree - All players in order to have ez late game need to focus on farming Reflex on all soldiers.

Have already adjusted my Post above to explain why it´s so important for the Game to have it from beginning on. I see the Shitstorm form Causal-Players / Standard-Players why we give promisses etc. for cool new Features / Improvements for X2 from beginning on and renage the ones promise then.

So cancel that Idea realy fast from your Mind. Such important Features, Integrations, Improvements from beginning on are a must have to make X2 great, esp. with the new direct Competitor UFO2ET in Final-Endwork, which get released in minimum 2 Month.

Edited by Alienkiller

2 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

Have already adjusted my Post above to explain why it´s so important for the Game to have it from beginning on. I see the Shitstorm form Causal-Players / Standard-Players why we give promisses etc. for cool new Features / Improvements for X2 from beginning on and renage the ones promise then.

So cancel that Idea realy fast from your Mind. Such important Features, Integrations, Improvements from beginning on are a must have, which tried to be implemented in X1 from Modders. Now we have integrated that after a very long Process and nobody with Brain will cancel that cool Feature from beginning on.

Im not gonna call having armor from the start a feature. Only a boost.

The best thing is, you can decide if your Soldiers get or not get Cevlar-Armor. If you wanna store it then do it. It´s your decision and short handeld.

But to say that all others shouldn´t have the decision to use or not use Cevlar-Armor is scating on very thin Ice. The Causal-Players / Standard-Player pay for the Game and they are the Indicator how good / bad the Review for X2 get out. And that Idea to cancel the Cevlar-Armor from beginning don´t give a good Review for the Game.

I had many discussions about similar Themes in Steam for X2 with Causal-Players / Standard-Players which waiting for the Open-Beta / Early Access on Features, which they haven´t seen and testet. Some of them have an fixed Opinoin for X2 already and your Idea upgrade the fixed Opinion from them to give a bad Review.

That´s why I say cancel that Idea from your Mind very fast not to give them a second Tinderbox. It´s better for the Healty.

Edited by Alienkiller

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

What I mean with that is that you don´t let go your Close-Combat Soldiers without an Security Equipment you have on Earth already. If you don´t do it (esp. for Shotgunners, Infantry and evtl. Rifelmans / Heavy Infantry) then you will defenetly loose 80 % of your Troops in Combat. That´s fact in X2.

We are talking about the beginning of the game. At the beginning of the game, only two types of weapons are effective: shotguns and sniper rifles.
Although in any case, in 17.1 combat armor gave only 20 extra hit points, which did not give significant advantages in battle (so I agree with CaptainSPrice, it's just a little boost).

P.S. It's always funny to see screenshots where people use machine guns and pistols at the beginning of the game. Their use is questionable even in the middle of the game, when Gauss and plasma are available.
At the beginning of the game - they are completely meaningless :)

Edited by MrAlex

I use the reflex only for shotgans. This is especially useful against rippers.

I give roles to soldiers on the following principle:
Good reflex and a lot of TU = shotgan,
Good accuracy = riffle men
good strength and average accuracy = sniper (my snipers carry medikits and lots of grenades)
good strength and a lot of TU = rocketer (1 or 2 per team if there is no MARS)

I do not use machine gunners because of poor accuracy and high cost of %TU on shot. For suppressing the enemy is more effective to use flash grenades. They act on a larger area, accurate and spend less TU. And they can be equipped with all soldiers, regardless of role.

I like Mashine Gunners about the fast fireing and fast surpress they can do to the enemy. They helped me very often in the Game to Win Missions, esp. in light and heavy Terror Missions.

The MG is not accuracy, that´s true, but therefore it isn´t build. It´s build for fast fireing and very fast killing with it´s bulllets / Energy. And it surpresses enemys faster then a Flashbang about immunity against Flashbangs from some Aliens.

And the Devs said already that you can´t win Missions anymore (latest in the Early Access) without a mix of Soldiers, Sequrity-Equipment etc. Atm. you can say: "I don´t need a Mashine-Gunner in my Team, they will manage it." I thought that too and had many many Missions in all previous Tests (I didn´t testet V.17 / V.17.1 in Ground- and Air-Combat because I wait for the new Features there, which comes in V.18) and won it only with much lucky.

And yes, I know that we test atm at Standard-Level and some too with Ironman an not fully ballanced Game, with many fill-ins, missing Features in R & D as well as Geoscape etc. That´s no Indicator to say we don´t need that and that, because many ballances, missing Features etc. come step by step in every new Main-Version and sometimes in Hotfixes for it.

Edited by Alienkiller

To finish the Discussion here, I would suggest we wait for Beta 18 as Closed-Beta (as well as 19, which is then maybe the first open Beta-Test) and Play it to make / do our Beta-Test-Job.

Every one of us has it´s playstile / teststile, atm. we won´t get a consense about the Soldier-Roles. Maybe later after the next 5 / 6 Betas.

Edited by Alienkiller