Geoscape improvement

Jul

Hi team!

I’d like to submit you a minor feature improvement:

a cool feature would be to graphically display for how long a crash site will be accessible from the Geoscape. Not necessarily the exact amount of hours but maybe a colour coding (green - lot of time, yellow - half of the time is over, red - will disappear soon). There is nothing more frustrating than a crash site suddenly disappearing without having a chance to at least airstrike it, shorting the player from much needed money. What do you think?

In other Games it isn´t shown too. Never in the old X-Com-Line nor in UFO ET. You have then 3 Options:

1. You do it at once with your Team or after an more important Mission to recover the UFO

2. You let the Country-Army doing it (it´s not named Airstrike anymore) at once [Sadly that Option wasn´t there in announced Games :(]

3. You take an Paper and Pen, Save the Game and write up the Time you have to recover / order the Country Army doing the Recovery for Timing. Mostly you have 24 to 48 Hours.

Maybe the Devs integrate that in the Early Access-Status, but for Sure not now. Sometimes they surprise us with such Features. We can only Wait, make Suggestions and Testing what we get.

Edited by Alienkiller

That such an Option with the Timer for Missions are not shown, dosen´t mean it isn´t possible.

But the other Point with an automatically Airstrike won´t show up, that´s 1.000 % sure. You have to decide to make the Job or give it like in new XCOM / Phoenix Point to an Country Army manually.

Edited by Alienkiller

Each mission is available 24 hours from the moment of appearance (perhaps special missions that appear themselves are available for longer, although I doubt it).
It used to be possible to send a team to all missions, now you need to choose important ones. The developers decided to rid the players of unnecessary gameplay by adding stress indicators. Thus, all missions except the new ships must be delegated, otherwise you will not be able to complete a really important mission due to full stress points of the soldiers.

If you have 2 Teams you can splitt it, but the Manpower Cost is to high. I tried it and better it is to have a special Team with Reserves then 40 Soldiers and no Money for important improvements and Buildups, Refits etc.

An automatically Rotation get an second Disadvantage too: You don´t get needes Ressources, which are very very very very Important for your Organisation. Money is important, but the very rare special Ressources from the Aliens much more.

Edited by Alienkiller

That's good to hear Alienkiller. Having it not worth it to do every mission will reduce the grind. I haven't really tried out the new balance pass for stress and soldier cost as I've been waiting for 17.2 to hit before poking at it again to see how it feels to me but what you described sounds good.

21 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

If you have 2 Teams you can splitt it, but the Manpower Cost is to high. I tried it and better it is to have a special Team with Reserves then 40 Soldiers and no Money for important improvements and Buildups, Refits etc.

Now the stress decreases quite slowly, so with the current settings, one team can perform one mission in two waves. To perform one mission for each wave, the player needs at least two teams (24-30 soldiers for new dropships). This is the only way a player can develop without significant delays.