Ideas that were missing from Xenonauts

Since release date was postponed I decided to install Xenonauts again and since I forgot what was missing for me I thought to put it here in case its still something that can be added or has already been added: 

1) Unless you have a flying suit, lot of building/rooftops are not accessible (suggestion to add ladders and/or steps as much as possible for multi-level combat

2) When standing and shooting around the corner it doesn't feel (suggesting to have animation where soldier steps out or something similar)

3) Weapons like m60 with tripod that needs to be setup and is mainly used to suppress area (while back one game had this, cant remember the name though)

4) Animations in general especially on battlefield (one cool thing about original was soldier jumping over a wall, would be good to see breaking a window or something along those lines like hiding behind the wall etc

• Like 1

Ladders are on the shipping containers in demo

Shooting around corners is always wacky, think they ment for you to physically step out, shoot, and then come back. Messes with heavy weapons though, which can make sense or not.

Heavy weapons get a accuracy penalty if you move, so they kinda have to set up

No comment on animations 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 8:25 AM, some12u said:

Shooting around corners is always wacky, think they ment for you to physically step out, shoot, and then come back. Messes with heavy weapons though, which can make sense or not.

Yeah the no peeking is bad, it costs extra TU for stepping out-shooting-stepping in, and you have to step out in order to get a good sight.

Also, it's kinda annoying that shooting enemies around corner is often a one shot thing, if you can't wack the alien in one shot and have to crawl back to cover, next turn the alien will happily walk around the corner and kill the operator in zero range, while the soldier has no TU to react to this as the TU are wasted for just stepping out and stepping in. 

Edited by EurekaSeven
  • Like 1