[V 17.1 Ground combat] Corpses visible inside of ship (at night), despite not even seeing the ship + missing texture

Puciek

Picutre says it better than I possibly can with words: https://i.imgur.com/LlQBid7.png

And once I moved closer, the ship has rendered and corpses went away: https://i.imgur.com/wEgSNJs.png

There is also a lesser issue that after loading the game from save instead of glowsticks I am getting the purple texture as you can see. Obviously attaching save with corpses visible and textures gone, move towards them to unearth the ship.

If you need some other logs to track it down, let me know!

user_corpses-3.json

Edited by Puciek

enough.  I had no replies on that one.

Puciek:

I had a similar experience (see Jan 28th) with floating corpses in non-LOS (black) areas that were inside a ship and disappeared (were properly back inside the ship again) when one of my squaddies got close enough.  No responses; apparently not a hot issue.

Your screenshots:
Your first imgur file didn't load for some reason , and the second worked, but the image was far smaller and lower res than the images posted through this forum (although, of course, "size does matter" to some extent--maybe your images were smaller?).  As Mr.Alex suggests above, I would appreciate it if you would please drag your screenshot file directly into the message or into the "drag files here to attach" section just below this text section (or you can "choose files" in the Drag Files" section).  I assume (after your 111 posts) you know all this, but maybe think imgur is better?  If so, what's your thinking?

Edited by maxm222
clarification

Thanks, and to you too maxm222. There's a whole bunch of issues to do with the shroud at the moment so I'm a bit reluctant to look into this one right now because I think it may get fixed when we look into the other ones. So probably one for us to check out once V18 is out.

On 2/19/2021 at 12:15 AM, Chris said:

Thanks, and to you too maxm222. There's a whole bunch of issues to do with the shroud at the moment so I'm a bit reluctant to look into this one right now because I think it may get fixed when we look into the other ones. So probably one for us to check out once V18 is out.

No problem, thanks for letting me know! I won't report similar ones then, until at least few patches come in.

As for why imgur: copy/pasting images here in the past makes them tiny, or at least did in the past. Imgur keeps them raw and full :D