[Steam Demo - Ground combat] Team member disapeared

Garrett

I lost a team member "Sarah" and i don't think she got killed.

After maybe 5-6 turns, i place "Sarah" against a container near water (in the left of the map, just before a gate i think), and just past smoke from a grenade i launched before. I play the other team members, no alien at that stage, only civilians.

And boom at the next turn i cannot select anymore "Sarah", her portrait is darker. I assumed she got killed, but i didn't

see any shot, or alien near her in their turn. More importantly, i looked for her body and was nowhere to be found, although the smoke stayed forever until the end of the demo.(i only manage to see a dead civilian inside the smoke i think)

I clicked report bug in the pause menu, but maybe some turns later...

First time i played the demo, but i know really well the first game.

Thanks

user_bug-1.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_16_end-32.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_16_start-31.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_17_end-34.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_17_start-33.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_18_start-35.json

Exactly MrAlex.

@ Garret: She inhaled to much smoke and get stunned. That´s like with the Smoke of Fire, it bite the lung and after a while you get stunned because you can´t breathe normal anymore. The Expolosion of the Smoke Grenade was to heavy for her and she get stunned.

That get shown with a yellow (in our Betatests, maybe in the Demo too) beam in the green Health Beam. If the yellow is full, your Soldier get stunned. The same effect you have if you throw a Stun Grenade, use a Stun Batton and similar things that Stun someone.

Therefore a Breather you can use for your direct frontline Troops. I use them for my Shield- Assault- and Main-Infantry (Armored Riflemans and sometimes HMG)-Troopers.

Edited by Alienkiller

On 2/10/2021 at 9:29 PM, Garrett said:

I lost a team member "Sarah" and i don't think she got killed.

After maybe 5-6 turns, i place "Sarah" against a container near water (in the left of the map, just before a gate i think), and just past smoke from a grenade i launched before. I play the other team members, no alien at that stage, only civilians.

And boom at the next turn i cannot select anymore "Sarah", her portrait is darker. I assumed she got killed, but i didn't

see any shot, or alien near her in their turn. More importantly, i looked for her body and was nowhere to be found, although the smoke stayed forever until the end of the demo.(i only manage to see a dead civilian inside the smoke i think)

I clicked report bug in the pause menu, but maybe some turns later...

First time i played the demo, but i know really well the first game.

Thanks

Thanks for the report. Yeah, it sounds like your soldier became unconcious due to inhaling smoke. There's a rebreather item you can equip to stop this happening in the full game but it's not available in the demo, so you just have to be careful about running through smoke.

We're going to be adding some damage numbers and an information pop-up to tell people what is happening in this situation, as you are not the only person who has had this happen to them and not known what is happening!

On 2/12/2021 at 6:56 PM, Chris said:

There's a rebreather item you can equip to stop this happening in the full

The description of the rebreather says that it should reduce accuracy, but it does not happen. Also I think it should take the weight of a soldier (1 or 2 points)

On 2/13/2021 at 9:07 PM, MrAlex said:

The description of the rebreather says that it should reduce accuracy, but it does not happen. Also I think it should take the weight of a soldier (1 or 2 points)

Ah, good spot. I've added a -2 Accuracy reduction to it now like it was supposed to have.