Economic rebalance

In this topic, I propose to discuss the rebalance of the economy.

Here are my thoughts:
1) Alien items should not be sold at a price of 0
2) Fighters and drop ships should not disband. It should be possible to sell them.  (because its are the newest and most advanced aircraft on the planet)
3) Living aliens which are difficult to take alive and rare aliens have to cost more than ordinary ones.
4) Items that the player makes must have  selling cost at least same as their manufacture cost. It is desirable that things important to people are sold even more expensive than the cost (weapons, armor, aircraft).
5) The cost of upkeeping Lifts should be much lower (250k is too much, 100k will be more than enough).

Fund Report 2.jpg

Aircraft Selling.jpg

Items Cost.jpg

Edited by MrAlex

Not a developer, but I'd like to ask. How tough an economy do you consider to be fun, and would you consider a tough economy (of the standard you prefer) to fun throughout the game? It seems to me with game like Xenonauts that economies usually start out tough, where you have to be lean to survive, but as time moves on the war budget first becomes sufficient then overflowing. What do you like to see in your preferred Xenonauts economy?

15 hours ago, Max_Caine said:

It seems to me with game like Xenonauts that economies usually start out tough, where you have to be lean to survive, but as time moves on the war budget first becomes sufficient then overflowing. What do you like to see in your preferred Xenonauts economy?

I agree with this statement. With the start now everything is fine, the problem is that due to the huge cost of maintaining the lift, the player receives less money every month. And they especially has nowhere to get them. I built all possible offices and still the monthly balance was negative. This is a huge problem for those who do not want to use cheats. Therefore, I believe that first of all it is necessary to reduce the cost of maintaining the lift, as well as to make it possible to manufacture weapons, armor, fighters for sale, to obtain additional funds. Because first of all it is a strategy. Players must have several ways to raise funds.

Edited by MrAlex

That´s why I said X2 should make it like X-Com Apoc or Phoenix Point.

You get the new Bases only if you send out Agents to find them (1 in every Country) or talk to the Founders to get access to the Abonded Bases. They can be small or Medium with access Points, but have to be repaired first for use again. That saves Money and Builduptime incl. Steel, Aluminium etc. and much important Human Manpower for Buildup.

1 of the Base (say we like Russia or USA) have the ability to get the Emergancy-Base if nessecarry if you lose your Main-Base.

Edited by Alienkiller

If you have the monthley Money. But you won´t have it. That´s why a new System for that is needed.

You can´t sell loot, because you need everything you loot for Upgrades, Buildups and much more (which we don´t know yet).

I suggest you play the old X-Com or UFO ET, then you know what I mean. In X-Com you won´t have more than 2 Bases with everything or 1 Main-base and many smaller Bases with Sonar / Radar. In UFO ET which is good the Main-Base is fully buildable with all Buildungs, all the others get smaller Radar- and Fighter-Bases.

The same have to be here to save Money or max. 1 Main- and an in Emergency upgradeable Secondary-Base, the others are small to medium ones.

Now you burn about 20.000.000 to 50.000.000 only for Buildup and then you abort the Game, becuase you will lose about no money for everything (Monthly Upkeep, Upgrades for your People etc. etc. etc.).

Edited by Alienkiller

13 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

becuase you will lose about no money for everything (Monthly Upkeep, Upgrades for your People etc

The player needs to be able to earn extra money (in addition to monthly income).
Implementing the proposed changes, the game economy will become more flexible.

The idea of capturing alien bases and using them for their own needs is not bad, but only as an additional way of building.

The problem is that the number of bases is limited, and if the location of alien bases is not successful, the player will not be able to cover the entire planet with radar.

Yep MrAlex, that´s right. Therefore I think about it too. I like the Radar-Cover from X-Com and UFO ET.

There it dosen´t belong how much Cover you have, you will lose the UFO in the Radar / Sonar-Range too for a while about inteferences or whatever. So you don´t get all UFO´s, about 40% you won´t get about loosing contact. You get Radar- etc. Upgrades for you Bases and maybe Outposts about the UFO / Enemy Bases-Things R & D´s, but the Aliens can counter it to a Point. Like the U-Boat-Attacks and Defences for Convois in WW2.

If that could be implemented in X2 too, that would be very interessting as well as give more Options on the Geoscape, Air-Interception-Phase etc. Atm the UFO get fully time on Radar after Detection and the fighters can fight it like in X1 because the UFO have no electronical Counterpart to make it short time invisible.

What the Economic Rebalance belongs I aggree that the no more upgradable Fighters, Transports and other Stuff which you don´t need anymore can be solded for a high price.

Like: You get the X-25 as an advanced Standard-Intercpetor with the best Informations you have from the Start of the Game (see Archives). Then you can upgrade your Hull with the better Material and Armor. Later on you can upgrade the Electronics as well as Engines with new Variants too. So you get an X-25 "Hunter" or whatever, which make it interessting for you Founder States too. That Refit the Founder States can do on their Standard-Interceptors too then (like the X-16, Mig-29 or whatever).

The same can be done with the Cevlar-Vest-Upgrade and upgraded Ballistics and whatever we don´t know yet.

You can either make an offer for Tech-Profleration or what it´s called for reducing Panic (1 Times with a big one) or as an alternative get from each State some Money for the Productions-Licence (that can be 2 times a Month or so limited to about 4 Month or such) when you need it.

Edited by Alienkiller