Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V17.1 Hotfix Released! (Experimental Branch)

This is a quick "hotfix" for Beta Build V17 that fixes a common crash and includes a few balance tweaks too. You'll need to be on the Experimental Branch to access the build.

Fixes & Gameplay Updates:

• Fixed a crash that would occur during the alien turn when smoke failed to dissipate properly.
    • Soldiers should no longer rotate if you right-click on the ground combat UI elements.
    • Air combat autoroll for friendly aircraft has now been disabled.
    • The dropdowns on the Soldier screen that let you select the assignment of the soldier now update correctly when a soldier is given a new assignment, preventing you assigning extra troops to dropships etc.
    • Generator base building description now correctly displays +50 Power generation.
    • There is some updated art for the Chinook dropship on the Aircraft screen.
    • The crosshair is now correctly centered on a MARS / ARES if you hover the mouse over them.
    • The MARS no longer shows a pink error texture when it enters its damaged state.
    • Fixed some pink error textures on the white containers on the Arid maps.

Balance Changes:

• Orbital Bombardment now inflicts 10 damage to all regions per month, instead of 20 damage.
    • Boosted the Armour provided by Guardian / Exosuit / Colossus armours.
    • Laser / Plasma rifles now have the same TU fire cost as other rifles.
    • Plasma weapons no longer drain ammo per turn, and advanced plasma weapons regenerate ammo.

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues with V17.1 as we will continue to make additional fixes as required.

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

Chris thanks for the fast Hotfix. Is there an other Hotfix planed for this Version with fill-ins for already implemented Things [missing R & D-Texts / Pictures f. e.]?

Not at the moment, no. Writing all the research text and painting all the research art is a lot of work so we can't just patch in the whole research tree in a hotfix, unfortunately!

I ask to get the R & D in the Startup-Part-Gamepart to the Beginning Middle-Gamepart done for the planed Early Access. If your timeline belongs to End February / Beginning March in Early Access then we should implement that Step by Step like we did it before to get the existing and refited R & D-Things ready for Early Access. Otherwise I suggest to announce the planed Early Access to Summer this year. The first Look from the Public is cruical, esp. in the Early Access Phase.

Edited by Alienkiller

In the description of patch 16 you wrote:

On 12/28/2020 at 6:46 PM, Chris said:

Alenium Reactor now displays its item cost (10 Alenium) along with its money cost

In the description of patch 16.1 you wrote:

On 1/8/2021 at 6:46 PM, Chris said:

Buildings with additional costs now display them - e.g. the Alenium reactor also requires 10 Alenium to construct, but this wasn't previously shown

But in fact, information about the added cost is not visible in the description of the building.

Al Reactor.jpg

16 hours ago, CaptainSPrice said:

Cuz only option to reduce = Global research or Deploy Agents xD

Building offices also reduces panic. On the current patch 17.1 I'm fine with panic. I reduced the initial panic by building offices, and the panic from the orbital attack is reduced due to the research of new technologies (new weapons, new fighters, new armor, etc.).

Yep, you have 3 Options to reduce Panic:

- Buidling Outposts (Offices)

- Use Agents where no Outposts (Offices) can build yet [means, where no own Bases are deployed to save the Outposts from an Alien-Airstrike]

- due Research of new Technologies

- you are right too CaptainSPrice, there were a fourth Option to reduce Panic. That´s won Terror-Sites and Alien-Base Raids. In one of the last Versions [13 or 14] that Option was active too. Maybe that will come back, but we have to wait and see.

There are still white barrels in the game (but they have a danage texture if something hit them). Also when I reload the game the flares turn into pink squares (I had this problem before but now I discovered that if you throw another flare they are pink squares too) The skyhawk grid isn't aligned properly, it changed since the last version

Edited by geno

14 minutes ago, silencer said:

My saves from pre HotFix don't load. Will this save incompatibility be for every patch?

If the patch numbers change, then yes. In some cases, with minor changes, compatibility remains. Then the developers add letters to indicate the patch.

@ChrisIs there access to content in this version after battleships? The capture of alien leaders has no research. All that is changing is the number of battleships arriving. Does this mean that there is nothing more to test in this version?

5 Battleships Attack.jpg

5 Battleships Intercepted.jpg

Edited by MrAlex

I know that the game is not finished yet. I'm just asking at what stage is the last available content on in the current patch.
    I've posted dozens of different bugs and suggestions for improving the content. Now it's just a matter of waiting for a new version for new tests.