[v17 Geoscape] Unrecognized land

MrAlex

On 1/23/2021 at 5:20 PM, MrAlex said:

Which region does this area correspond to?

When i hover the cursor there, the area is not highlighted.

Area.jpg

Greenland. It's a seperate region where alien activity doesn't cause damage because nobody really lives there. Looks like alien activity managed to destroy it though? How did you get that to happen on 1st January?

EDIT - oh, I see, you've drawn the outline yourself. Yeah, that's not a bug.

24 minutes ago, Chris said:

Greenland. It's a seperate region where alien activity doesn't cause damage because nobody really lives there

It seems that the construction of an additional base to cover this area by radar was unnecessary. :( 

In previous patches, this area was highlighted as Greenland, and if I'm not mistaken, it belonged to Europe. Given the fact that the current region of Europe is very small (v17), so I think that this island should be made part of the European region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland

Edited by MrAlex

37 minutes ago, MrAlex said:

It seems that the construction of an additional base to cover this area by radar was unnecessary. :( 

In previous patches, this area was highlighted as Greenland, and if I'm not mistaken, it belonged to Europe. Given the fact that the current region of Europe is very small (v17), so I think that this island should be made part of the European region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland

That's not a bad suggestion, I'll have a think about it. The problem is that it's just a massive sheet of ininhabited ice so people might get annoyed if they lose Europe because they didn't stop the aliens bombing it :)

45 minutes ago, Chris said:

so people might get annoyed if they lose Europe because they didn't stop the aliens bombing it

The player's task is to try to protect the whole Earth, not just individual regions. How successful a player will be depends on him. For your part, you just need to add highlight to this region as part of Europe, so that players understand that it is Europe. You have already made it easier for players when you remove the North and South Poles (which are present in games where the map is a globe)

Edited by MrAlex

MrAlex, yeah you are right. If I remember the previous Versions Greenland was integrated to Europe. And it´s Europe because it´s part of Denmark (if I have that correctly in Mind), like Iceland was it before the Mainland was Occupied from Germany in 1940.

If you build up your bases correctly and build the biggest Radar- / Scanner-Station then you don´t have Problems with that anymore.

Edited by Alienkiller

17 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

Not was, it IS!

It is in real life, but in the game after the last patches it is nobody's territory and it does not affect the level of panic in Europe any more.

Chris confirmed this

On 1/25/2021 at 12:25 PM, Chris said:

It's a seperate region where alien activity doesn't cause damage because nobody really lives there.

By the way, I'm already confused. What time line should we have as a result. The current map is taken from Xenonaft 1 (Cold War period 1950s). But the date is modern - 2020.
If we leave it, we need to correct the discrepancies. For example, the name of the region: Soviet Russia.

13 minutes ago, MrAlex said:

By the way, I'm already confused. What time line should we have as a result. The current map is taken from Xenonaft 1 (Cold War period 1950s). But the date is modern - 2020.
If we leave it, we need to correct the discrepancies. For example, the name of the region: Soviet Russia.

It's an alternate timeline where the Cold War has continued until the modern day and the Soviet Union still exists.

26 minutes ago, Chris said:

alternate timeline

It looks kind of weird, especially for those who played the first part. Because the technological level still remains the same as in the previous part (1950s), and the date is modern. Although you better know.