[Air Combat] Missile Range

That's how it used to be. 

Missiles deal less damage than torpedoes and had higher speeds, but could instead be carried more. Thus, the maximum damage of the fighter was not reduced. Now the use of missiles reduces the maximum damage by 2 times.

Fighter Range.jpg

I see it something like this:
Ordinary Cannons: Range 3
Ordinary missiles: Range 4
Ordinary Torpedoes: Range 6

Accelerated cannons: Range 3.5
Allenium Missiles: Range 4.5
Allenium Torpedoes: Range 6.5

Laser canons: Range 4
Improved Allenium Missiles: 5
Improved Allenium Torpedoes: 7

Plasma canons: Range 4.5
Fusion Missiles: Range 5.5
Fusion Torpedoes: Range 7.5

Lock time for missiles should be reduced.

It is desirable to reduce the damage of all missiles and torpedoes by 2-3 times and increasing the capacity.

Yeah, the air combat still needs balancing. I've been trying to find time to do it but all the other bugfixes have been keeping me busy.

There's a few relatively simple changes to the air combat mechanics I'm going to be outlining shortly that will affect this stuff, so keep hold of these thoughts until then. Some of your ideas might change when I explain the updated damage mechanics in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

Later you upgrade your Missles with longer Range (say to the beginning Torpedorange or 3/4 of that), because the Sidwinders (dosent matter which Explosion head they have [Standard or Alenium] are like Cannons Short Range Weapons. There you can´t do anything at the beginning, only later with R & D. But not all 1/3 beginning R & D´s are in for now, so maybe it get like the Cannon an light beginning Upgrade too.

Like in the Predecessor they are short Range Missles, means they have on beginning a little bit more Range than the Standard-Cannons.

And the Devs do it correctly, because the upgraded Ballistics have to improve the Aircraft-Cannon a little bit. And it´s done. That´s very good and give the Fighter an better ability to go in Dogfight if his Rockets are gone and can survive.

Edited by Alienkiller

At present, the range of missiles and heavy missiles is fixed. It does not depend on the development of the player's technology. All types of missiles now have a range of 3 (which makes them completely useless)

That's why I'm promoting this topic to draw the attention of developers to this problem.

They have to make a fixed range of 5, or something like what I suggested (ranging from 4 to 5.5)

Edited by MrAlex