[v16.1 Air Combat] Evasion of UFO Scouts

MrAlex

The problem has been present since the beginning of the game, but somehow there was not enough time to report. It is very strange to watch how at each start of the game UFO Scout is constantly trying to use evasion when attacking it with torpedos, but never does evade successfully. Missiles constantly hit him. The evasion needs to be fixed to make it work, or turn it off.

The evasion is good, but it need time to be usable again. It was announced to fix it for the automatic use (Alien, Human) of Aircrafts after it was announced by us players here in the Forum.

As an reminder in here in the Bug-Part it´s good to see. Thanks for that MrAlex.

Edited by Alienkiller

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

It was announced to fix it for the automatic use (Alien, Human) of Aircrafts after it was announced by us players here in the Forum.

I'm not talking about evasion in general, but specifically about the evasion of UFO Scouts. UFO fighters use evasion even too well. 

As for the early evasion of player fighters, this is a separate topic, I have talked about it at least twice and other topics.

Yep that with the Fighters I meant.

For the Scouts / Probes you are right, they only use the Evasion Mode only 1 Time for the first Rocket-Salvo. Then it dosen´t use it anymore.

The Alien-Fighters instead use it like your Interceptor-Pilots as often as possible.

An interessting Fact could be in the Archives why the UFO´s which can use Evasion are so differntly in using the Evasion Mode.

Edited by Alienkiller

18 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

For the Scouts / Probes you are right, they only use the Evasion Mode only 1 Time for the first Rocket-Salvo. Then it dosen´t use it anymore.

That's right, though most likely because they fall after the first torpedo хД

32 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

The Alien-Fighters instead use it like your Interceptor-Pilots as often as possible.

It seems that their fighters has no delay on use of evasion. I once tried to hit them with several torpedoes fired in a row, but they used evasion twice.

Edited by MrAlex

4 hours ago, MrAlex said:

The problem has been present since the beginning of the game, but somehow there was not enough time to report. It is very strange to watch how at each start of the game UFO Scout is constantly trying to use evasion when attacking it with torpedos, but never does evade successfully. Missiles constantly hit him. The evasion needs to be fixed to make it work, or turn it off.

Yeah, this is a good point. It's not something I'll be fixing immediately though because I want to take a proper look at the air combat mechanics in the fairly near future and I'll take a look at this as part of that.