[16.1] Geoscape Incorrect descriptions

MrAlex

I propose to describe here the mistakes found in the Geoscape descriptions.

In battle, my soldiers were hit by a smoke grenade blast 1 damage (1 and 2 damage). After winning the battle, the system says that one soldier will be treated for 0 days and the other for 1 day. But in the list of soldiers on base it is written that recovery will be 24 days 

A few hours later, the first soldier was cured. And in a day and the second also cured.

Last_Save_Before_Combat_win.json

Combat result.jpg

Sold Recovering 1.jpg

Sold Recovering 2.jpg

Sold Recovering 3.jpg

Edited by MrAlex

There are differences in the description of the speed of the aircrafts. The map speed is shown in KPH. Whereas in the stats of the aircraft the speed is shown in M/S. If I understood correctly, KPH - kilometers per hour, and M/S - meters per second. The fact is that 2160 KPH = 600 M/S (not 500), and 500 M/S = 1800 KPH (not 2160 ). Therefore, one of the two descriptions is incorrect. To avoid confusion, it is better to display the speed in kilometers per hour (KPH).

Interceptor Stat.jpg

Interceptor Speed.jpg

Ufo Speed.jpg

One thing that would be good is if descriptions actually pulled information from the config files like this...

Accelerated rifle does the shooty things but better. Makes the things more dead more fast.
Damage: accelerated.rifle.damage
Range: accelerated.rifle.rage

That way I am not always questioning whether the info is correct or not and it removes the chance that you forget to update the string when you changed the stats on the weapon. For a number of games I find I am actually using the game's config files to see the stats instead of the in-game info because the in-game info is just wrong.

I don't know how the game is set up but hopefully what I wrote is understandable.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, odizzido said:

One thing that would be good is if descriptions actually pulled information from the config files like this...

Accelerated rifle does the shooty things but better. Makes the things more dead more fast.
Damage: accelerated.rifle.damage
Range: accelerated.rifle.rage

That way I am not always questioning whether the info is correct or not and it removes the chance that you forget to update the string when you changed the stats on the weapon. For a number of games I find I am actually using the game's config files to see the stats instead of the in-game info because the in-game info is just wrong.

I don't know how the game is set up but hopefully what I wrote is understandable.

In most cases the info on tooltips is pulled directly from the game files, so in general you should trust what they say.

@MrAlex thanks for the feedback, will check through and update what I can fix easily.

5 hours ago, odizzido said:

oh okay. I just saw the 30 tile range on the knife and assumed. Unless we can throw them? I've never tried using them.

That either sounds like a bug in the tooltip, or that I've set something wrong on the knife. I'll take a look.

EDIT - I guess it's what you'd call a tooltip bug. Melee weapons don't use the range property but the tooltip is showing it anyway.