Liaison Offices (Scientist & Engineer Recruitment)

I counted a number of all the buildings on the maps and their bonuses. Currently 16.1 players have access to the construction of 26 buildings. In total, they provide an opportunity to hire an additional 22 scientists and engineers, which together with the basic is a total of 28 for both. Commander's rooms give the opportunity to build 4 buildings each +3 buildings available from the beginning of the game. Thus, they allow the player to build 23 or 27 buildings, and only 26 are available for construction.

In addition, the maximum number of scientists and engineers is now 28, but the number of places in the laboratory and engineering is a multiple of 6. Thus, either the player builds only 4 buildings and employs 24 people , or builds 5 buildings and 2 places in it remain unfilled.

I suggest to slightly adjust the total number and bonuses of some buildings to create a certain balance:

1) The total number of buildings +1 scientist and +1 engineer is now 11. You need to do 12.

2) The number of buildings +2 scientists = 4, and the number of buildings +2 engineer = 5. You need to make 5 for each.

3) Number of buildings +1 scientist = 3, and number of buildings +1 engineer = 1. You need to make 2 for each.

4) Number of buildings available for construction since the beginning of the game now = 3. Need to do 4.

Thus, the maximum number of available buildings will be 28, which can be obtained by building 6 command rooms (4 basic + 24 additional). The maximum number of scientists and engineers available for employment will be 24 + 6 basic = 30, which is a multiple of 6 (all jobs will be filled). In this case, everything will be balanced :)

Edited by MrAlex

List of proposed changes:

1) Number of buildings +1 scientist + 1 engineer 11-> 12.

2) Number of buildings +1 engineer 1-> 2.

3) Number of buildings +1 scientist 3-> 2.

4) Number of buildings +2 scientist 4-> 5.

5) Number of buildings +2 engineer = 5 (no change)

6) Number of buildings + 100k money = 2 (no change)

7) Total number of buildings 26 -> 28

8) Number of buildings available since the beginning of the game 3 -> 4

Edited by MrAlex

On 1/17/2021 at 1:04 PM, Chris said:

I suggest we wait until V17 to discuss it though because then buildings will have adjacency bonuses

Given the changes in patch 17, I propose to adjust the offices as follows (now -> should be):

1) Number of buildings +1 scientist + 1 engineer 11-> 10.

2) Number of buildings +1 engineer 1-> 4.

3) Number of buildings +1 scientist 3-> 4.

4) Number of buildings +2 scientist 4-> 6.

5) Number of buildings +2 engineer 5 -> 6 

6) Number of buildings + 100k money = 2 ->  5

Summary of the proposed changes

1) The total number of scientists available - 28 -> 32 (=4 closely placed  laboratories)

2) The total number of engineer available - 28 -> 32 (=4 closely placed workshops)

3) Total number of buildings 26 -> 35 (=6 closely placed comm rooms)

To be proportionally placed on the planet given the area of the regions:

North America (5->6): (100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng) -> (100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng). 

Latin America (4->5): (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng) -> (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci), (1 eng). 

Europe (4->5): (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng) -> (100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 eng).

Africa & Middle East (4->6): (100k), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng) ->100k, (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng).

Soviet Russia (5->7):  (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng) ->(100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng).

Asia Pasific (4->6): (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng) ->(100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 eng).

Edited by MrAlex

On 1/23/2021 at 6:41 PM, MrAlex said:

Given the changes in patch 17, I propose to adjust the offices as follows (now -> should be):

1) Number of buildings +1 scientist + 1 engineer 11-> 10.

2) Number of buildings +1 engineer 1-> 4.

3) Number of buildings +1 scientist 3-> 4.

4) Number of buildings +2 scientist 4-> 6.

5) Number of buildings +2 engineer 5 -> 6 

6) Number of buildings + 100k money = 2 ->  5

Summary of the proposed changes

1) The total number of scientists available - 28 -> 32 (=4 closely placed  laboratories)

2) The total number of engineer available - 28 -> 32 (=4 closely placed workshops)

3) Total number of buildings 26 -> 35 (=6 closely placed comm rooms)

To be proportionally placed on the planet given the area of the regions:

North America (5->6): (100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng) -> (100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng). 

Latin America (4->5): (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng) -> (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci), (1 eng). 

Europe (4->5): (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng) -> (100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 eng).

Africa & Middle East (4->6): (100k), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng) ->100k, (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng).

Soviet Russia (5->7):  (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng) ->(100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 eng), (1 sci), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng).

Asia Pasific (4->6): (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng) ->(100k), (2 sci), (2 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 sci & 1 eng), (1 eng).

Thanks. So this would be adding 9 more signal uplinks to the map, then? Looks like that'd give the player a total increase of +$600k income per month if the 6 of them grant +$50k and three grant +$100k, which might be a bit high.

There's no hard to trying it though, I guess. However it's also worth discussing whether we want to be limiting the number of scientists / engineers like this at all, I guess. I'll include that in the thread I'll be posting up on the economy side of the game shortly.

8 hours ago, Chris said:

Looks like that'd give the player a total increase of +$600k income per month if the 6 of them grant +$50k and three grant +$100k, which might be a bit high.

It won't be much. I started my last game with 25kk of starting money, and that was enough for me only to build bases, 12 fighters and build all the offices. Thus the maintenance of all bases even in the presence of all constructed offices exceeds the income.

It turns out that even after radar covering the entire territory of the planet, the beating of all arriving UFOs does not provide the player with sufficient funds to maintain their bases. In this case, the player will not have the funds to produce new researched equipment. The game should not drive the player to a dead end. Therefore, I am sure that these funds will not be much, they may not even be enough.

3 hours ago, MrAlex said:

If a player limits himself to 3 bases, he will not be able to respond to most alien ships, which in addition to orbital bombing will definitely lead to his defeat.

That´s an other Discussion. Here we discuss the Research & Development-System-Personal and Outposts. There I agree with you, the Outposts have to be more Potential then it used at the Moment.

Outposts with lesser Money-Potential and Scientists / Worker-Personal should have more other Advanteges. And all Outposts reduce Panic not only in the Country they get build up, the help to reduce other Countrys to reduce the World-Panic.

Like:

- They Boost Research more or give more Workshop-Bonuses.

- They help in Upgrading, Repair your Bases and in Buildups, Upgrading, Repair new Buildings

- They train Agents faster

- They help in Searching Aliens, give Radar more Potential

Such and similar things were cool. Therefore it´s cool to have Bases in the near.

Edited by Alienkiller

36 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

That´s an other Discussion.

Yes, but now these things are connected. Offices and monthly income. As a rule, players build more bases just to be able to place a radar and a hangar for interception. I have already offered the option of placing small radars in such offices. Or even add the ability to build mobile satellites that will perform the function of radar.

On 1/26/2021 at 11:24 AM, MrAlex said:

The game should not drive the player to a dead end. Therefore, I am sure that these funds will not be much, they may not even be enough.

Given the cost of building offices, players will not be able to quickly build all available. But even if they can, they do not give enough money. That's why I don't consider the additional increase in funds from the proposed changes significant.

Fund Report 1.jpg