[V16] A Bit Of Every Species Of Bugs

Praetorian

It's from the build from 24/12/2020. I don't know if it's V16 or V16.1 but I'm positive about the date. I uninstalled more than a week ago which is why I'm not checking it now.

I read the bug report format. I'll try my best, but I got about 10 bugs I wanna unload, I'm not sure if you actually prefer a new singular thread for each of them or a list, so since it's 1:30 am I do the list ok ? Don't kill me (just this time, first time I write here lol). 

GEOSCAPE / IN-BASE

Toronto, Canada is next to Beijing, China. 

Stress mouseover tooltip in soldier screen displays Time Units tooltip instead.

Ilya is a guy's name only, never a girl's name. If you manage to get a girlfriend named Ilya, run. Or you'll have a surprise. You'll find it in the Russian soldier's names section. I had 2 female soldiers named Ilya and 1 male so the name is coded for both genders ingame.

Downed Battleships first give 500'000 cash then 150'000. Not sure if it's a bug or intentional.

Retaliation Cruisers do not generate a crash site. 

TUs not growing during training at base. I have 2 training rooms, 100% efficiency and all that, but all my 36 soldiers remained with the same total TU for the entire length of the game, all of them. There is that dark green color that indicates improvement but it doesn't stretch like with the other stats, instead it eat at the light green. All other stats' training seems to work fine. 

AIR COMBAT

Firing Arc of autocannons : it doesn't seem to register a UFO is in it (thus doesn't fire) for maybe half a millimeter in. I other words the UFO just entered the tip of the tip of my firing arc (or the very edges) yet autocannons aren't firing until the UFO is one millimeter (or something like that) further in. I seem to remember the same problem but at very close range also but I'm not 100% sure because I played more than a week ago. That's very dangerous when you're trying to shoot a Battleship from behind going slowly and all. All I know is something wasn't right about the autocannon's firing arcs. Missiles work fine. X1 didn't have that problem so I assume it's a bug. 

GROUND COMBAT

The green Androns, oohhh the green androns. If they shoot at me or a civilian during their turn, alien turn never ends (game breaking, I was forced to abandon a terror site which resulted in +50 panic). If they shoot at me during their overwatch when I'm moving during my turn, game doesn't freeze but there's nothing you can do, can't open menu, can't select soldiers, it stays during enemy's overwatch phase forever. The only thing I'm able to do is to open Task Manager and close the game. Then restart the game. This happens everytime without fail. Also the attack crosshair doesn't appear when I target them with my mouse.

Enemy overwatch doesn't activate when I'm behind them (or on their sides - 90 degrees) while beating them with stun batons and knives. I manage to get behind them when they have their backs turned, and when I beat them like a policeman they don't turn and shoot me. I'm positive that they did not already spend their TUs because if I run in front of them with another soldier (beater is still behind them) during the same turn, I receive a plasma blast to the face.

Advanced Laser Sniper ammo doesn't diminish when my soldiers fire. I killed 95 reapers in that base in Iceland, yet all my soldiers had 5/5 ammo at the start of every turn, without a single reload. I am not sure if this applies to normal Laser Snipers also or if it's an Advanced Laser Sniper bug only.

This is all that caught my eye so far (apart from the obvious medbay crash) so I cannot begin to imagine how many bugs you've already fixed. Well done, you guys have come a seriously long way. Genuine heartfelt Applause.

15 hours ago, Praetorian said:

*snip*

Thanks for the reports, I'm glad you think it's getting smoother and more stable. Plenty of work left to do but we're getting there.

In general it's easier if you report them in individual posts but when you've got this many I guess having them all in one post works fine too, as that way the forum doesn't get flooded. Thankfully, a number of those more serious bugs have already been dealt with and will be fixed in the next patch, including that Andron hang you experienced and the fact soldiers aren't gaining TU properly.

I'll remove the name Ilya from the Russian ladies, move Toronto, and get that tooltip fixed too, as those changes won't take long.

I'll investigate units not rotating from melee damage and the Advanced Laser Sniper issues for the build afterwards, I think. The mid to late game UFO invasion and air combat stuff isn't balanced yet so I'll leave that a bit longer, but thanks for the reports anyway.

5 hours ago, Chris said:

Thanks for the reports, I'm glad you think it's getting smoother and more stable. Plenty of work left to do but we're getting there.

In general it's easier if you report them in individual posts but when you've got this many I guess having them all in one post works fine too, as that way the forum doesn't get flooded. Thankfully, a number of those more serious bugs have already been dealt with and will be fixed in the next patch, including that Andron hang you experienced and the fact soldiers aren't gaining TU properly.

I'll remove the name Ilya from the Russian ladies, move Toronto, and get that tooltip fixed too, as those changes won't take long.

I'll investigate units not rotating from melee damage and the Advanced Laser Sniper issues for the build afterwards, I think. The mid to late game UFO invasion and air combat stuff isn't balanced yet so I'll leave that a bit longer, but thanks for the reports anyway.

I'm happy you found it useful. Thank you for the reply. That's what I like about you (based on X1, X2, forum...), you like to do things well and care about providing quality. Unlike most devs nowadays that just provide minimum quality required to make sales. I've been playing PC Games since 1997 and you're probably the only developer (on big projects) left that I trust both in quality end-product and design/features choices. Also while I'm at it, I like that in your games, you don't include any unnecessary mechanics that are annoying. In other words in your games I never find myself thinking "this is so annoying, why did they include it when they could have left it out and it wouldn't have changed anything". lol the Russian devs are pros to include those in their games.

• Like 1