V16 [Ground Battle, Night] Can't See S**t, Sir!

Coffee Potato

So....I have no idea what's going on here, but there seems to be some black UI element around the top of the screen that keeps getting in the way when I try to move the camera around. In short, while the map area seems to reveal, it doesn't ever undo part of that top area. So....it's all a weird black V from up there.

image.png

2 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

Testet some Maps and don´t have that big Problems. In Day Missions such Problems don´t come up. In Night Missions there are some tiles which don´t get as seen marked, only if you step in the darkness.

Solves with the announced Save / Load Solution.

What is the Save/Load solution? Saving and Loading doesn't fix it. I am seeing it during Day missions too. It's literally every map I start. 

The Save / Load-Solution is that you save the Game and load the Groundmap directly. That we did exactly in V15 if such happend.

Tested some Maps now and all works fine and if some small Problems show up the Save / Load-Solution is the key.

If you have that Problem permanantly, update your Graphics Card, Sound Card, Windows etc. to the newest Drivers and experiment with the Full Screen, Halve Screen etc. Modus. Win 10 and the Soundblaster as well as NVIDIA-Automatics inform me when it´s time for Updates automatically.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:50 PM, Coffee Potato said:

So....I have no idea what's going on here, but there seems to be some black UI element around the top of the screen that keeps getting in the way when I try to move the camera around. In short, while the map area seems to reveal, it doesn't ever undo part of that top area. So....it's all a weird black V from up there.

Thanks. Hmmm, that's a weird one. What you're seeing there is what happens when the map spawns without a sun - i.e. there's no main light source in it. All the FOW / shroud stuff goes screwy at that point which is why you get the effect you're seeing there. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's happening for the hotfix.

It's weird that it's only affecting some users. Most likely it's only affecting certain biomes, so perhaps people are putting their bases in different locations and therefore getting different biomes more often when they play.