[V16] - Geoscape Crash to desktop when medical room finishes

DaReaperZ

Description: I finished my first ground combat mission of this campaign, got my soldiers back home and got the autopsy research, then at exactly 18:00:00 in-game time the game encounters a fatal error and crashes without warning.

What Happened: The medical room finishes constuction and is what causes the crash.

Further information: It seems to be an error occuring due to the medical room not being able to transition into a enabled or disabled state. Apparently the MyGeoBaseSelector script doesn't have a target, could be related.

Reproduction steps: Load up the save, play along at the second highest speed. Just close any research that pops up and keep playing time until it hits 18:00:00, which is when the medical room finishes.

output.log

user_after_ground_combat_geoscape_ctd-1.json

Edited by DaReaperZ
Additional relevant information discovered

Yep, it's the medical room! The training center finished without any issue. So that's what EntityMutation was, "mutating" a build slot into a building. That's definitely the issue then.

Here's a small excerpt from the log file.

2020-12-29 04:11:43,479 [WARN] (F:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.63.0\Assets\Code\Screens\Strategy\Data\EntitySelectors\Specific\MyGeoBaseSelector.cs:37) 
Target is not set.

2020-12-29 04:11:43,482 [WARN] (F:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.63.0\Assets\Code\Screens\Strategy\Data\EntitySelectors\Specific\MyGeoBaseSelector.cs:37) 
Target is not set.

2020-12-29 04:11:43,486 [INFO] (F:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.63.0\Assets\Code\Libraries\Artitas\Artitas.Core\Code\World.cs:632) 
HandledExceptionReport: ExceptionReport: Exception : Newly construct building can't transition to the enabled or disabled state.
 --> EntityMutationException : A crash occurred during delayed entity mutation - Mutation [ID: 1332, ComponentID: 12 - TaskComponent, Next: Task:Artitas.Systems.EntityAction, Added: True]
 --> EntityMutationException : A crash occurred during entity mutation - Mutation [ID: 1332, ComponentID: 589 - ProgressPoints, Next: ProgressPoints [0 - 90 - 90], Added: True]

I'm guessing the ProgressPoints thing is related to the building progress of different constructions in the base. I will update the main report with the relevant information.

We had such a similar Problem long time ago, I think with the Weapons for the Fighters. Some players could outrun it after they produced the Aircraft Weapons later. The Problem here could be the same.

I will try to build the Hospital later again at the End of the Month (now on 13. January) after more R & D is done, because the CTD comes in my game too if you build it up on Gamestart. I think there is a trigger, when you can build up the Hospital, because the first UFO´s (Scout) are easy to handle without getting hit.

Edited by Alienkiller

Confirming the same problem. Had my game crashing also around the 18:00 mark. Came here, saw this thread, cancelled the construction of the medical room that I'd ordered at the start, no more crash. The stated remaining construction time on the medical room fits the timeframe, too.