DLC's

Rick

Oh man yeah. I remember This War of Mine. A game that was good at the start but got less playable every time they released some DLC. In the end the game was ruined and unplayable because it was barely functional. Maybe they fixed it in the end, I recently saw it has a final cut version now, but it was over a year of an unplayable disaster. I decided to not bother with frostpunk because of that.

On 12/28/2020 at 2:37 AM, Rick said:

Will Xeonauts 2 receive DLC's once it is officially released out of early access to expand upon the base game? 

It really depends on how much content we manage to get into the final release of Xenonauts 2 and how well the game sells, but yeah - we're certainly interested in the idea of an expansion pack or some DLC that add in extra content or features.

Can you not do a kickstarter for additional DLC after the game is released and has been on the market for a while? Would be cool and add to the content in the base game. More aliens or biomes or something. 

Also if I remember as only looked ages ago at the Kickstarter page will the weather effects ever make it into Xenonauts 2? I think they were something that was listed but didn't get hit - and will the game still get Mod support?

Cheers

Really hoping so as you guys apart from Firaxis are the only studio to actually get gameplay wise what the original games were and have been able to expand upon this (apart from Gollop and Phoenix Point for example). Every other UFO style game has been very poor compared to what you guys pulled off as Xenonauts 1 is as good as the originals from the 90's so hoping you guys will have full MOD support in there and bring out DLC's and release SOON on Steam Early Access. 

Soon not so far, the Team is trying to make an Early Access at Ending February / Beginning March if all goes right.

What the DLC´s belongs: They are not sure yet, because the Base Game is still in Development. There will be a Mod-Support in the Game, but not everything. Some Parts get hardcoded like in every Game.