Something you don’t like about the game?

lucatoni

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've said it till I'm blue in the face - crouching should give you an accuracy bonus, and going prone should give you a much bigger improvement on both (but take loads of AP to get up or rotate, so if you get flanked by the Aliens, you're in a bit of a pickle).  It's now the only thing letting the game down, IMHO.  But it is a really major omission, as far as I'm concerned.   There have been some good additions lately, but I just feel that the lack of incorporation of this mechanic really lets it down. 

• 1 month later...

The way Stats (UT,HP,STR,PRE,RFL,BRA) increase should be changed:

-not requiring specific action (spend UT,shoot,reflex shoot, carry heavy gear, panic) forcing annoying grind kinda necessarry if you like to min/max (use smoke/reaction fire until all the team has shot vs a single alien to raise RFL and suppress whole team with LMG several turn to panic the team and raise BRV).

- HP gain should be also granted on injury: Hp actually increasing with other stats means that if a soldier begin with a HP score below his average others stats (UT,STR,PRE,RFL,BRA), he can't raise his HP to max (making him undesirable in the long run) which is kinda annoying.

Also add some way to customize soldier a bit: aving the option to change a soldier portrait would be nice (some are really awfull for my taste).

@ Tharock:

I play Xenonauts 2 Beta and other Games. Xenonauts 1 were nice, but to linear. So I can´t help you in that Questions. I don´t play it anymore.

But a friendly Advice: Don´t talk about the Portraits from the Soldiers and Portraitchangeing. There are many Founders which make an Soldier of themselfs eventually and they can be very unconfortable if they read this, esp. in Xenonauts 2.

Edited by Alienkiller

On 2/2/2021 at 5:41 PM, Emily_F said:

I've said it till I'm blue in the face - crouching should give you an accuracy bonus, and going prone should give you a much bigger improvement on both (but take loads of AP to get up or rotate, so if you get flanked by the Aliens, you're in a bit of a pickle).  It's now the only thing letting the game down, IMHO.  But it is a really major omission, as far as I'm concerned.   There have been some good additions lately, but I just feel that the lack of incorporation of this mechanic really lets it down. 

Crouching is supposed to give you a bonus to accuracy (and defence). Are you saying the bonus isn't applied? And there is no prone position, but there would be a few obstacles with implementing such a feature. For example, does the person/alien now occupy two squares instead of one? And will they be able to see and shoot around cover - if so, which side of the cover? Also, the prone position would be useful mainly to snipers in this game - and one might argue that they do not need additional bonuses to their aim.

It shouldn't be undoable, though - I do believe you can get your soldiers prone in Silent Storm - and even crawl in that position.

• 1 month later...

The loading time is one of the biggest things I dislike about the game - on my modern computer, it takes over 3 minutes to start the game, and I also really hate how I can't do anything else while the game is loading because the screen refuses to go into the background.

I also dislike how Xenonauts doesn't give me a prompt "Are you sure?" when I fire a rocket at point blank range killing my entire squad.

I really dislike how holding a shield in front which blocks all attacks doesn't prevent suppression. With all the firepower aliens can throw at soldiers, they can lock down everyone forever - unable to move, unable to shoot, unable to do anything except rotate a bit - even though absolutely every shot is blocked by the shield.

I can't stand how standing at the edge of a corner with a rocket launcher often hits the wall and kills my team which is lined up by the wall. I mean, any soldier with half a brain would know to point the rocket around the corner that he/she is standing right beside to shoot a rocket launcher. Instead, a rocket launcher soldier is forced to take a step completely away from cover to shoot, which often means the soldier isn't surviving the next turn anyways.

I really, really hate how I can't put any equipment, ammo, or medkits into the troop transport. I have had people literally bleed to death after 8-10 turns because there were no medkits. I load up extra ammo, extra medkits, etc all over my soldiers which prevents them from even turning on the first turn, and then I have had the unfortunate zombifier start killing my soldiers because of the door positions because I can't move or defend anyone first turn. It would be so much better if I could load the equipment onto the troop transport without requiring it to be in someone's hands.

In addition to the above, it sure would be nice if the sides of the troop transport had doors that close just before the alien turn. I mean, if they can do this to us with their doors - where they can freely shoot through open doors that close right before my turn, we ought to do the same to aliens, right?

I rather dislike how tanks can't simply go through alien base or ufo doors. Requiring a soldier to run up and open the door often means he's dead whereas a tank should be able to drive through the doors.

I think it's pretty silly that shooting a rocket at a ufo or base door kills stuff on the other side, but not on my side.

At the same time, I dislike how if a tank shoots at an alien on the other side of thin cover (for example, a base entrance small wall surrounding the exit area) that the tank takes a tremendous amount of damage, and the alien on the other side takes no damage. That's messed up.

I dislike how I can't back away or move away while holding a shield. I have to turn completely away from the aliens and running with my shield in front - this has led to many soldier deaths due to reaction fire. It would be so much better if I could keep facing a different direction that I am moving - soldiers do this all the time in real life.

These are just what I can think of off the top of my head in a couple minutes, but there are a lot of nit picky things here and there.

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 12:34 AM, Jebah said:

I can't stand how standing at the edge of a corner with a rocket launcher often hits the wall and kills my team which is lined up by the wall. I mean, any soldier with half a brain would know to point the rocket around the corner that he/she is standing right beside to shoot a rocket launcher. Instead, a rocket launcher soldier is forced to take a step completely away from cover to shoot, which often means the soldier isn't surviving the next turn anyways.

Yeah, this is so annoying.  The same with grenades too.  Or just grenade throwing and rockets in general - apparently elite soldiers take aim at their feet by accident ALL the TIME. 

The other thing I hate is that there is no prone position that affords you +++ cover (both from being seen in the first place and presents a much smaller target) and ++ accuracy.  This, to me, is the single biggest failing in the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 9:43 AM, Emily_F said:

Yeah, this is so annoying.  The same with grenades too.  Or just grenade throwing and rockets in general - apparently elite soldiers take aim at their feet by accident ALL the TIME. 

Surely this will be addressed?! It's a basic bug.