Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V15.4b Hotfix Released! (Experimental Branch)

This is the final hotfix for Beta Build V15, and it's a very small one that doesn't change gameplay or break save games (not sure why Steam has made it a 700mb download). You'll need to be on the Experimental Branch to access the build.

Changelog:

• Implemented a general fix for an animation issue that could cause a variety of different crashes during the alien turn, particularly when either the Xenonaut or the alien was using burst fire weapon or a weapon that fires multiple pellets (like the shotgun). We're hoping this will cut down on the number of unexplained crashes that get reported for this build and save us time in the long run!

Unless people start reporting lots of horrible new crashes in the next few days, we're going to call V15 done. Feel free to continue reporting issues but all further fixes (as well as any we made in the last couple of weeks) will be arriving in V16 instead, hopefully before Christmas.

We'll then be compile a "release" version of V15.4b and we'll put it on the default Stable branches on Steam / GOG. This version of the game has far less logging in it than the builds on the Experimental branches (which means it'll be harder to track down bugs) but the load times and performance should be significantly improved.

Thanks for the Update as well as the announced new Version V.16. Hope that it comes on Christmas-Time again (like V.15 on my Birthdaytime). If it works like announced it would be the best Present for us all on Christmas, , esp. with the hard Christmas Time this year.

Then I wait for the new Version, before testing again.

Edited by Alienkiller

On 12/9/2020 at 3:46 AM, Chris said:

will be arriving in V16 instead

Will the transfer of soldiers between bases work in version 16?

Is there a list of changes already made or expected in version 16. To avoid reporting on already known or fixed issues.

Edited by MrAlex

Nope MrAlex. That Infos will come with Beta 16 when it comes out like in all Versions we testet before. If we get lucky, we will get the new Beta as a Christmas Present or shortly before.

Means that we have something to do, because we can´t do anything else in the Corona-Time, esp. in Countrys where the Corona-Laws are very high (sitting at home, no Familiy Visit etc.).

Edited by Alienkiller

20 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

Means that we have something to do, because we can´t do anything else in the Corona-Time, esp. in Countrys where the Corona-Laws are very high (sitting at home, no Familiy Visit etc.).

My work schedule does not change due to the Corona-Time. Although I probably wouldn't refuse to rest for a week or two.

MrAlex I know what you mean, so I do that too, if I wait for a new big Beta-Version of the Game like now and / or an change of scene.

And I know the other Reson too, there are Branches which haven´t a break in Corona-Time (Game-Industry, Office-Workingthings like Insurance & Jugdes, Recycling-Industry etc.). So I can feel there with you fully too.

But I can understand other People too, because the most People don´t know what to do (Heavy Industry, Buildup Industry, Retail Sale and many more), which get bored to the death about Short-Time-Working or no Work anymore for a long time. Esp. if they haven´t family or can´t see them about hard restrictions. So they wanna have something to do and if it´s only Testing an Game in Beta-Status like Xenonatus 2 or an Early Access-Status for Ballance-Work, more Bughunting etc.

On 12/16/2020 at 10:23 AM, MrAlex said:

Will the transfer of soldiers between bases work in version 16?

Is there a list of changes already made or expected in version 16. To avoid reporting on already known or fixed issues.

Yeah, the transfer of soldiers between bases will work in V16. It's a bit difficult to get a proper list of intended changes because we've been a bit swamped with various interface improvements and bugfixes so we've not made that much progress on the big things we planned to work on; I'll have a play tonight and see if it's worth releasing what we have before Christmas or just waiting until January.

Honestly, I'd wait until V16 to do any further testing though!

is it too late to purchase the game, to participate in the beta\experimental build ? all i have is that demo of one battle on GOG, and ive literally played it a gazillion times, is this game still happening? and if so can i give my money to somebody please.. Sooo disappointed with phoenix xcom, and i love the original xenonauts, because its actually the only game that has re-imagined the original xcom, out of all the posers. So yea, ive been trying to follow this game for years now, and im hoping its still happening, and like i said. heres my money  . and merry xmas 

5 hours ago, cheezygrasser said:

is it too late to purchase the game, to participate in the beta\experimental build ? all i have is that demo of one battle on GOG, and ive literally played it a gazillion times, is this game still happening? and if so can i give my money to somebody please.. Sooo disappointed with phoenix xcom, and i love the original xenonauts, because its actually the only game that has re-imagined the original xcom, out of all the posers. So yea, ive been trying to follow this game for years now, and im hoping its still happening, and like i said. heres my money  . and merry xmas 

Hey there - glad you're keen to buy the game. The current plan is to launch into Early Access on Steam near the end of February, so you don't want to wait long! You can wishlist here if you want: https://store.steampowered.com/app/538030/Xenonauts_2/