"Gadgets"

Are there any plans to add more gadgets? In this case i am reffering to Medkit as a gadget, since it can heal and is not used to deal damage.  Some ideas "stolen" from other x-com like games:

• Deployable shield to give half cover
  • Grapling hook to get to higher terrain easily 
  • Range finder to give higher hit chance against targeted enemy
  • Deployable turret that only has reaction fire

And i guess there are allot of other fun things one could add to enhance the experience, and make the playstyle more creative with destruction etc.  I dont think anything should be too sci-fi and keep with the 70-80s feel of the game. I dont really know if X1 had allot to choose from, that could be re-added. Thoughts?

You get Gadgets / Upgrades for your Soldiers, Vehicles etc. in the Game, which have to be produced after Research. Most of them you get through research like the Jetpack and other Soldier-Armor-Upgrades, which can be used then after Production. As well as special Undersuits for your Soldiers.

But not grapling Hooks, Deployable Shields, deployable Turrets etc. Therfore you have an upgradeable Vehicle called MARS and later ARES.

Some of them are implemented in the last Beta-Builds for Testing and Ballancing.

Edited by Alienkiller

The MARS is a Vehicle, not a Human. It has no Personality, but can be upgraded and get better in the datas / values earlyer or later.

Yep for the better Soldier-Armor-Equpment and other Upgrades you have to play and Research everything you get, esp. the Alien-Things as well as the Things you can do from them. :cool:

Edited by Alienkiller