[v15.4 ground combat] CTD when stun grenade exploding near reaper and frag grenade

Puciek

I tossed a stun grenade on a wound reaper and a frag grenade (it landed 2 squares north-west in current perspective from where stun grenade went off), and the moment it exploded the game crashed to desktop. Sadly I do not have the logfile, my game doesn't make them for some reason, but I did manage to snap the error with a screenshot: ffRas1Y.png

Also attaching closes in time save

auto_groundcombat_turn_10_start-163.json

2 hours ago, Puciek said:

I tossed a stun grenade on a wound reaper and a frag grenade (it landed 2 squares north-west in current perspective from where stun grenade went off), and the moment it exploded the game crashed to desktop. Sadly I do not have the logfile, my game doesn't make them for some reason, but I did manage to snap the error with a screenshot: ffRas1Y.png

Also attaching closes in time save

auto_groundcombat_turn_10_start-163.json

Thanks. Have you got the high res version of that image? Without the log files maybe being able to read the red text might help us figure out what the crash might be.

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this, and without the logs it's tricky to know what's going on. There's another minor crash we're planning to patch out in a mini-hotfix that doesn't break save games that might fix this though, so maybe if we're lucky this won't reoccur...

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this, and without the logs it's tricky to know what's going on. There's another minor crash we're planning to patch out in a mini-hotfix that doesn't break save games that might fix this though, so maybe if we're lucky this won't reoccur...

A shame. Any idea why my game would not be producing logs? I tried reinstalling, removing my games/xenonauts 2 etc, no luck.

6 hours ago, MrAlex said:

The most disturbing thing in these rooms is that they have a fire after loading the save, if a rocket explodes in any part of the base. I will try to reproduce and describe this bug in more detail, if the mission with this map appears again.

Thanks. That's an interesting point - I've heard another user mention this too, although it was on Farm biome. So I'm not sure it's actually tied to alien base, maybe it's just rockets and save games?

22 hours ago, Chris said:

So I'm not sure it's actually tied to alien base

On 12/8/2020 at 11:58 AM, MrAlex said:

The most disturbing thing in these rooms is that they have a fire after loading the save, if a rocket explodes in any part of the base. I will try to reproduce and describe this bug in more detail, if the mission with this map appears again.

I found a save with that alien base. The problem appear not after loading saved game but on the next turn after using fire or smoke somewhere. I described it in detail here.