Hidden movement overlay

Is the "Hidden movement" overlay really necessary ? I find it really distracting and it blocks so much of the screen, which is understand is the point, but why can i still see some of the screen then? And it only pops up when the aliens are within my view, wich makes no sense, as i should be able to see what they are doing when i have them in view right? And when they fire at my soldiers, and hit i can only hear the "hit" sound, but i cant see how much damage it did, or who got shot at before its my turn again. As far as i can see this is a relic from the old X-coms wich the newer game has gotten rid of as it acomplishes little, and takes you out of the game.

It makes sense that i cant see what the aliens are doing on their turn when they are outside of my viewdistance, but not when they are inside it. I just dont get why its still a feature..

Edited by Siniestro

The HM screen appearing when you can see the alien is a known bug, it's not intended. Devs are aware of the current state of this and eventually will figure out how to improve it. This has been discussed a couple of times but we don't know exactly what's the plan.

7 hours ago, Siniestro said:

Is the "enemys turn" overlay really necessary ? I find it really distracting and it blocks so much of the screen, which is understand is the point, but why can i still see some of the screen then? And it only pops up when the aliens are within my view, wich makes no sense, as i should be able to see what they are doing when i have them in view right? And when they fire at my soldiers, and hit i can only hear the "hit" sound, but i cant see how much damage it did, or who got shot at before its my turn again. As far as i can see this is a relic from the old X-coms wich the newer game has gotten rid of as it acomplishes little, and takes you out of the game.

It makes sense that i cant see what the aliens are doing on their turn when they are outside of my viewdistance, but not when they are inside it. I just dont get why its still a feature..

Yeah, as geno mentions you're not the only person saying this is a problem - and as it's clearly annoying a lot of people, it's something we'll be working to fix for the next build.

I'll post up a thread for people to post saves where the camera does stupid things so we can make sure important stuff isn't being hidden by the HM screen.