[v15.2 Geoscape] New research project does not appear

MrAlex

9 hours ago, MrAlex said:

When my team arrives at the base it brings new copies of the mag weapon. A window appears with a new type of research, but it cannot be selected.

By the way, after the study of plasma weapons, no new type of weapon appeared for the manufacture or research.

user_research_bug-65.json

Thanks. I can't check that file because it's from V15.2 rather than V15.3, but is the project being unlocked a project that you've already completed? Or is it a project that appears in the Research screen that you just can't begin?

When you say plasma weapons, do you mean the human or alien plasma weapons?

3 hours ago, MrAlex said:

We have unlocked the project for research, but you can't research it :)

user_g_3-82.json

That one is actually not a bug - maybe it's confusing, but we provide that popup so players are reminded that the research is completed and they should go to the screen to set a new research project.

7 hours ago, Chris said:

That one is actually not a bug - maybe it's confusing, but we provide that popup so players are reminded that the research is completed and they should go to the screen to set a new research project.

It appeared when the team arrived at the base, not after the research was completed.

8 hours ago, Chris said:

the project being unlocked a project that you've already completed? Or is it a project that appears in the Research screen that you just can't begin?

The research was completed, but did not open new projects for research or production. Just wasted 5 days of scientists' time.

By the way, is the plasma weapon available to the player? And which is better plasma weapon or MAG?

Is it possible to read the differences between v15.2 and v15.3 somewhere?

The changelogs for new builds are posted in this forum: https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/forum/7-release-announcements/

OK, so are you talking about the alien plasma weapon research not unlocking projects here, or the human plasma weapons research?

One of the things we changed recently is that research projects themselves and their research text / image pop-ups are now seperated out, so if a research project completes and doesn't display an image and some text then it might mean the pop-up hasn't been set correctly. I think that's what happened in the second bug you posted up - the items you brought back triggered an autocompleted research, but the image / text was set up incorrectly so you only saw the "research completed" popup that comes afterwards. Do you remember what the previous mission was?

1 hour ago, Chris said:

OK, so are you talking about the alien plasma weapon research not unlocking projects here, or the human plasma weapons research?

As far as I remember it was a plasma of aliens. If I understand correctly, an alien plasma study should open a human plasma study, or at least another intermediate study that will open a human plasma study.
  In my case, after the study, nothing happened at all, just wasted the time of scientists.

In general, is it possible to study the plasma of aliens now?

8 hours ago, MrAlex said:

As far as I remember it was a plasma of aliens. If I understand correctly, an alien plasma study should open a human plasma study, or at least another intermediate study that will open a human plasma study.
  In my case, after the study, nothing happened at all, just wasted the time of scientists.

In general, is it possible to study the plasma of aliens now?

Yeah, you've just reached a gap in the tech tree there - this build is really about getting the early-to-mid game working properly. Human plasma weapons come later on in the tech tree and they're not unlocked directly by alien plasma weapons - those will probably unlock upgrades for the human laser weapons and potentially also gauss weapons.

We'll extend the tech tree a bit more when the V16 builds arrive.

• Like 1

I wasn´t in that Technologypart with my Games, Laser and Eleriumrockets was atm the highest Weapon Tech I had before a new Version came out or the Game was unstable.

But back to topic:

Like Chris said, some R & D´s need more other researches before like in the original X-Com-Series or similar Games. That´s good and very usefull.

The Thing which Disturbes is that Researches are 3 times in a Row (like upgradeable Standardweapons etc. without a Researchtime-Reduction-Bonus). And some R & D´s comes to fast. The Laser-Tech is one of them. After you researched the Alien Mag-Weapons to upgrade your own existing weapons, you can research the first Generation of Laser Weapons too. There you haven´t researched the Crystals as Battery yet.

8 hours ago, Ruggerman said:

I was unable to produce a weapon system that could take down the Battleships, so the games seems to have come to an end!!

To successfully intercept, you first need to learn the tactics of air combat. That's why I really like the current air combat system.

I shot down all the ships except the dreadnought with basic x25 Angels (Combined with Phantom against fighters) equipped with allenium torpedoes without loss of fighters. 

Edited by MrAlex