[v15.2 Ground comat] Behavior of friendly units.

MrAlex

21 hours ago, MrAlex said:

Is it possible to change the settings of friendly units, so that they run closer to the player's soldiers or to the helicopter. It looks very strange when they run straight to the enemy, especially if they are civilians.

None of the units have much AI at the moment, but when we do the proper AI the civilians should act in a much more sensible way!

As a small suggestion from me, if my village is attacked by aliens and the military comes to defend it, then I try to get to their transporter as soon as possible ;-)

So it would be really realistic if the civilians run to the transporter and the aliens chase them - just as a suggestion

18 hours ago, LtColFox said:

So it would be really realistic if the civilians run to the transporter and the aliens chase them - just as a suggestion

They can hide in houses away from windows, or run closer to soldiers. The main thing is not to run into the clutches of Reapers :)

I once tried to stun them so they wouldn't run and feed the rippers, but the game considers stunned civilians as dead. As a result, the mission failed.

• Sad 1

Guys, this forum is for discussion of the bug in the thread title (and it doesn't need to be discussed any more because it's not a bug, it's just that we haven't properly implemented the AI yet).

It's fine if you want to talk about the AI behaviour in general, but please do it on the X2 General Discussion subforum - general chat here just gets in the way of me trying to see which bugs are causing people problems! :)