15.3 - soldier is blind on ground mission

odizzido

2 hours ago, odizzido said:

My soldier just stepped out of the craft but cannot see anything.

edit------

Actually it seems all soldiers are unable to see that area. They were able to spot an alien in the blackness though.

user_153_no_see-1.json

output.log

Thanks. This is that annoying bug that can't be reproduced with a save game once it has already happened. Do you have the save from the start of the turn, as hopefully that'll let us reproduce it?

Also, do you remember the exact sequence of actions that caused the bug to occur? Was that the first soldier that you moved, and was that the position they moved to?

From what I recall and using the screenshot as a reference I moved the bottom right(east) soldier out to their current position then turned to look right. I then moved the top right soldier(north) out to their current position and looked left. I then moved the top left soldier to their current position, and finally the bottom left one which had the issue.

I am currently at work so I can't upload my save, if it exists. You guys autosave the mission start? If yes I can upload it tonight.

14 hours ago, Psitticine said:

I'm seeing much the same thing.  Night mission and everything outside of what appears to be a large circle centered on the dropship is not being revealed, even if the soldiers physically enter the dark area and move about.

Thanks. If you see it again please provide the saves and logs - might help us figure out what's causing it!

8 hours ago, odizzido said:

There is the save of turn 1 start.....but I couldn't get it to do the same thing. I am loading up the before combat save too....if it works I will upload that one for you too.

auto_groundcombat_turn_1_start-1.json

Thanks. Seems like this bug is going to be a real pain to track down. I can't reproduce it by playing around either - but maybe we can piece it together from the logs you provided and that save you just gave us. We'll take a look on Monday unless anyone can come up with a reproducible case.