[V 15.1 hotfix] Ground combat - game hangs at progress bar at end of combat

maxm222

Every Ending Screen and Map Loading Screen needs longer since Beta 14 or 15. That´s not a Bug. It´s something else (a not wished Feature), which only grow up on normal (old) HDD´s, but not on the new fast HDD-Generations [forgot the Name of them].

Heard and read it from an other Beta-Tester, which have the new fast Rotating HDD´s and there the Problem don´t grow up.

Edited by Alienkiller

5 hours ago, maxm222 said:

After winning a ground saucer battle, the loading screen appears and hangs (the progress bar stops moving) at 10%.  Waited at least 2 minutes.  Finally had to close the window.  See attached files.

content_manager.state

output.log

auto_groundcombat_turn_12_end-24.json

Are you playing in a window, or were you alt+tabbed out at any point? That save loads back to strategy fine for me, but I've noticed the loading sometimes hangs for a long time if you're doing something else while it loads in the background so it'd be interesting to hear if that might have been part of the issue?

I've also noticed longer than usual load times when starting ground combat in 15.x. Mine usually loads up at the usual speed to 99%, then takes extra long to get to 100%. Sometimes it will then go back to 99% and take even more time before finishing.

While having an SSD is great and really improves storage access times, I don't think it won't solve your problem completely.

5 minutes ago, Moonfire said:

I've also noticed longer than usual load times when starting ground combat in 15.x. Mine usually loads up at the usual speed to 99%, then takes extra long to get to 100%. Sometimes it will then go back to 99% and take even more time before finishing.

While having an SSD is great and really improves storage access times, I don't think it won't solve your problem completely.

Yep I have ssd but get the same with you long loading problems in v15 which I didnt see before

Edited by Rusknight

I'm not sure what's changed to make the load times longer, as we've not sat down to study it yet - but a lot of the load time is the logging that's being performed by the game to make it easier to track down bugs. If we make a release build that doesn't do all that logging than load times are quite a bit faster (but then it's harder for us to track down bugs).

But yeah, we will take a look at the load times at some point because they're a bit annoying.

Chris said:

"Are you playing in a window, or were you alt+tabbed out at any point? That save loads back to strategy fine for me, but I've noticed the loading sometimes hangs for a long time if you're doing something else while it loads in the background so it'd be interesting to hear if that might have been part of the issue?"

No, not playing in a window, but it's possible I had alt+tabbed during the battle that ended in a hang...but I can't remember doing so.  I'll look for more of the circumstances if it happens again.