[V15.0 - Ground Combat] Soldier got stuck

Moonfire

A soldier I was moving got stuck on a tile for no apparent reason. They are able to shoot but not move. This also happened in V14.x but like the fog of war that fails to clear, it is difficult to reproduce and seems to be cured by a save and reload. I am including the end and start of turn saves prior to the incident as well as the save that I made after it happened. I continued playing out the mission after that, so I have no idea if the attached log will have anything useful. Soldier #3 is the relevant unit and the position they are found in the 3rd save file is where they had been stuck.

auto_groundcombat_turn_5_end-23.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_6_start-24.json

user_stuck-6.json

output.log

21 hours ago, Moonfire said:

A soldier I was moving got stuck on a tile for no apparent reason. They are able to shoot but not move. This also happened in V14.x but like the fog of war that fails to clear, it is difficult to reproduce and seems to be cured by a save and reload. I am including the end and start of turn saves prior to the incident as well as the save that I made after it happened. I continued playing out the mission after that, so I have no idea if the attached log will have anything useful. Soldier #3 is the relevant unit and the position they are found in the 3rd save file is where they had been stuck.

auto_groundcombat_turn_5_end-23.json

auto_groundcombat_turn_6_start-24.json

user_stuck-6.json

output.log

Thanks for the report. I can't reproduce this, but we'll keep an eye on it and what you've posted up will be helpful if we do get a lead on it in the future.

If it does happen again then it'd be super useful if you could grab the logs immediately; I'd rather not spend developer time poring over the logs if you're not completely sure which part of the logs related to the issue.